Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im about to buy a 10' Accord coupe exl no navi red 37.5k for $18,000 with a private seller on Craigslist. What precaution should I take? Also, do I bring a mechanic with mr?

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,852 Posts
Bring a friend who is knowledgeable about cars first, the person should know what to look for as warning signs to not buy a car, once you and your friend are happy then take the car to your mechanic for a proper inspection.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

What if we are buying from a dealership? Is it necessary to bring mechanics?

Also, I checked the thread about what much people paid for their accord, and found these:

"2010 V6 Coupe - EX-L - 26k Miles - $19,700 - Certified One Owner"

"New guy here from nyc on the forum just recently brought 010 honda accord ex-l v6 no navi for 17, 500 one owner 34, 000 miles still with honda warranty"

"I just bought a 2010 EX-L (w/o Nav) v6 coupe with 31k miles and AT trans. for $19,500 two weeks ago. They wanted $21K, but it had been sitting on their lot for two months, so I talked them down."

Since I'm from Wichita, KS, sales tax would be 7.15% so total would be around $20k I guess?

·
Registered
77 Posts
You quoted for V6 Models, is the one you're considering a V6? It also depends on when the people you quoted bought the accord. I founda few for ~17k with around 35k miles on them. The price seems about right. I would test drive a used v6 at a dealership first, then test drive the one you're considering. Then raise concerns if there are any. I would also bring a mechanic, a friend if possible to keep the charge down.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You quoted for V6 Models, is the one you're considering a V6? It also depends on when the people you quoted bought the accord. I founda few for ~17k with around 35k miles on them. The price seems about right. I would test drive a used v6 at a dealership first, then test drive the one you're considering. Then raise concerns if there are any. I would also bring a mechanic, a friend if possible to keep the charge down.
Yes, it's V-6 too.

I'm deciding between 2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 37.5k at $18,000 or 2009 Honda Civic EX-L 50k at $12,000.

What do you think is better?

I'm 20 and a 5'4" girl if that helps.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well in my opinion, I would still go for the Accord, however.. not a V6 but that's different because I live in Florida and I wouldn't need it, there's no snow. The civic is nice, but I do think it's a bit small. It depends on how many people you drive around etc. I have an Accord but no one but myself goes in it. I just like the extra space, more features and the exterior look compared to the civic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well in my opinion, I would still go for the Accord, however.. not a V6 but that's different because I live in Florida and I wouldn't need it, there's no snow. The civic is nice, but I do think it's a bit small. It depends on how many people you drive around etc. I have an Accord but no one but myself goes in it. I just like the extra space, more features and the exterior look compared to the civic.
I also like the Accord but didn't know which is the better deal between the two. Seems like both are good deals.

How much is it usually to hire a mechanic?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know I've been posting a lot of different cars lately, but I just wanted to make sure I don't get ripped off.

I've been doing some research lately and this is one car I truly like, but it's about 120 miles from where I live.

I think it's absolutely beautiful. Most I found are red used coupes, and sometimes white/silver. I came across a similar color once, but it has salvage title. This is belong to a personal seller.

08' Honda Accord EX-L coupe, 4 CYL without navi 60k at $16,498. I'm going for around 15k.

What do you guys think?

·
mobiless2
1,696 Posts
Stay away from salvage titled vehicles. Also verify every panel has original OEM sticker with Vin, each door, quarter panel, bumpers, fenders, & hood should have them if not, its been repaired.

Asked for Carfax, & maintenance records.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So... many people think $18,000 is too much for me to spend at this age, so I think I'm going to take their advice, and probably settled for a Honda Civic coupe Ex-L. (the white one in the picture above)

My question is does v6 really necessary? Would it make a huge different in Kansas? Since Civic does not have v6

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.