Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So pretty soon, like next payday hopefully, I'll be getting roughly $300, give or take a few dollars, for not taking any sick days at work for an entire year. I think this will be a good time to buy a mod or two for my car, and I was hoping to get your input. My car, other than an aftermarket sound system, is pretty much bone stock, and I'd like a performance mod that's fairly easy to install.

I've been eyeballing the AEM V2 intake for quite a while now, and that's right around $300 and super easy to install. That'd be a plus for me because I'd gain a little bit of horsepower and torque. But, I know there are other mods that I could spend my money on like a throttle body spacer. Anyway, what do you guys think would be a good bang for the buck for around $300? The most I'd like to spend would be $350 maybe. I don't wanna break the bank.

Oh, if any of you are looking for some quick cash and have some V6 mods, preferably performance, lying around that you wouldn't mind selling me, you can contact me if you wish and I'll highly consider buying them if you include a pic and they're in good shape.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts
TL-S sway bars, you would be amazed how much handling performance they add to your car, they will put a big grin on your face every time you turn a corner or speed through on-ramps!

The best part is you will still have $100 left over at the end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
TL-S sway bars, you would be amazed how much handling performance they add to your car, they will put a big grin on your face every time you turn a corner or speed through on-ramps!

The best part is you will still have $100 left over at the end.
Could you pls share where we buy these bars ? Ebay ? Any size / specification that you recommend ?

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
here is the link with the parts you'll need and DIY.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/281873/2

I ordered my parts from Delray Acura (link in the above post) for around 45$ including shipping.

·
7th Gear
4,887 Posts
Put it in the BANK.

·
Registered
176 Posts
So pretty soon, like next payday hopefully, I'll be getting roughly $300, give or take a few dollars, for not taking any sick days at work for an entire year. I think this will be a good time to buy a mod or two for my car, and I was hoping to get your input. My car, other than an aftermarket sound system, is pretty much bone stock, and I'd like a performance mod that's fairly easy to install.

I've been eyeballing the AEM V2 intake for quite a while now, and that's right around $300 and super easy to install. That'd be a plus for me because I'd gain a little bit of horsepower and torque. But, I know there are other mods that I could spend my money on like a throttle body spacer. Anyway, what do you guys think would be a good bang for the buck for around $300? The most I'd like to spend would be $350 maybe. I don't wanna break the bank.

Oh, if any of you are looking for some quick cash and have some V6 mods, preferably performance, lying around that you wouldn't mind selling me, you can contact me if you wish and I'll highly consider buying them if you include a pic and they're in good shape.
Dude dont' get the throttle body spacer, wont' really do anything!

Get a J pipe and or CAI/SRI

·
Forum Insomniac
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks. Yeah I could do the swaybars, but I want some engine performance. Something that adds horsepower/torque. That's why I'm leaning to the V2. I could get an UR pulley for $300, but then I'd have to pay someone to put it in, and I don't wanna pay for labor costs just yet. What else guys, any other ideas?

·
2007 4DR EX-L V6 5AT
2,977 Posts
Get a different CAI, like the K&N Typhoon that is half the price, and also get a light weight crank pulley and those together will be like $300. The AEM V2 install is not as straightforward as you think, but isn't crazy difficult. I have had both of the above CAI, and yes the V2 is nicer, but not worth twice the amount. I only bought it because I got a sweet deal on it.

Or I can give you my paypal and you give me the $300, that would work too :lmao: :banana: :lmao: :banana:

·
2006 I4 MT
2,088 Posts
Front spoiler. It adds 0+ HP and it wont help you in corners like the sway bars, but it will make your Accord like nicer and different.

The only thing I'm going to add to my Accord now are the V6 strut bar and rear sway bar. I recently added alarm, rubber accord floor mats and front spoiler.

Rest of the money is saving up for marriage =( Any car money is going to maintenance related only.

·
Not a n00b!
542 Posts
maintenance

How about some simple maintenance. Air, cabin and tranny filter? Is it time for a brake fluid change... all the bolt ons are great and all, but routine maintenance is what is going to keep your ride going, not sway bars...(i'm not really one to talk with all the crap on my car!:biggrin:)

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,513 Posts
Has the timing belt been done yet? That might break the bank.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts