Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
08 Coupe owner
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine no longer works. I replaced my factory radio with an after market receiver so now I have this gaping blank screen on my dash.

How are you guys handling this? Are you putting a remote screen there attached to your receiver?

I had thought about getting one along with a movie unblock cable so that my front seat passengers can watch dvd's etc but wanted others to chime in

Thanks

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
Unless you get one of those aftermarket systems from China I've seen that are entire systems with navigation, bluetooth, CD and DVD player, etc. that has a whole new LCD to replace the info center, you will have to live with the blank screen if you replaced your radio. The only thing that will show on it is your climate control if you have an EX trim. If you have manual HVAC, nothing will show on it.

·
08 Coupe owner
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was under the impression there are after market in dash dvd receivers available that have an option to add a remote lcd screen and that you could rig up a mounting bracket and mount the screen in place of the blank information screen.

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
I was under the impression there are after market in dash dvd receivers available that have an option to add a remote lcd screen and that you could rig up a mounting bracket and mount the screen in place of the blank information screen.
Yes, that was what I was talking about. I found the link of the kit people have purchased on this forum:

http://www.cargpsnavi.com/honda-2008-accord-car-dvd-player-gps-navigation-system_p606.html

The install is such that you move the factory LCD display down to where your storage pocket is under your CD player, then you put the aftermarket LCD which is custom made to fit Honda Accords in it's place. It also contains navigation, bluetooth, DVD, and it is touchscreen. It's a really neat idea if you want to go all out and get all the bells and whistles. But it is complex and requires thorough knowledge of how to disassemble the center console and stereo/climate control system, and how to install this kit.

Find and ask other DA.net members who have it and ask them how it works.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
has anyone ever installed this unit?
The majority of the people that buy those cheap no-name Chinese units have many problems with them, some of them that render the unit useless.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts