Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody
so, i had my windows tinted and asked the shop manager what i should use to clean the tinted windows.
since i vape, i wanted to make sure i use something that wont damage this tint. he told me NOT to use windex, because he felt windex is to strong, and suggested rain-x.
any suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated
thanks peeps

·
new engine, new lease on life
16,924 Posts
hey everybody
so, i had my windows tinted and asked the shop manager what i should use to clean the tinted windows.
since i vape, i wanted to make sure i use something that wont damage this tint. he told me NOT to use windex, because he felt windex is to strong, and suggested rain-x.
any suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated
thanks peeps
I have used stoners auto glass cleaner on both tinted and untinted windows.

Works great!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'd suggest a mixture of 10-15% Isopropyl alcohol and distilled water. I've used this for over 30 years to clean the tint film on my vehicles. It doesn't harm the film and it dries without streaking.

Stay away from anything with ammonia!

- Jack

·
Registered
3,102 Posts

·
Cruising in Montana
3,520 Posts
Stoner's Invisible Glass spray, plus their window cleaning tool, do a great job. They're commonly available. The spray is tint-safe.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,826 Posts
Available at the grocery store. Inexpensive, no streaks, safe for tint. When I detailed for a living this is what I used after trying all the high dollar stuff.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Obviously, no matter what you use (I’m a fan of Sprayaway too) DO NOT EVER use paper towels to wipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 10 of 10 Posts