Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which trim level presents the best value for the options provided? I'm considering a 2014 LX with CVT but I'm wondering of an EX or EX-L isn't a better value. Will I be able to negotiate as good a discount off MSRP on an LX as an EX-L?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Sport hands down. You can get one for 4,000-4,500 off the MSRP depending on your area and demand.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would go Sport or EX-L depending on your finances.

As a rule, the more you spend, the more you will be able to negotiate (I'm not saying this is always true), but even still it's pretty negligible.

I own an EXL and absolutely love it. Probably would have went Sport if I wasn't sunroof obsessed.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
That's a very difficult question to answer. The first question is do you want a four door sedan or a two door coupe. The same trim levels have different features on the sedan vs. the coupe. Do you want a manual or automatic transmission? Only certain trim levels offer a manual. The EX L is not available in a manual. Or the Sport model has dual exhaust on the I4 while the only coupe with dual exhaust is the V6.

If you want a nicely equipped basic car then the LX is a good choice in either sedan or coupe and it's the least expensive Accord. Every trim level up from the LX will give you some things that might be important to you. For example the EX comes with a sunroof. I wanted a sunroof and leather interior so I had to get the EX-L.There is only one feature on the EX-L I4 coupe that I wanted and that was the home link built in garage door opener. I would have had to upgrade to the V6 and I didn't need the extra power nor the higher initial and operating cost of a V6.

Here is the complete Accord specification page from Honda:

Coupe http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-coupe/specifications.aspx
Sedan http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-sedan/specifications.aspx

Only you can make the decision as to what trim level to buy.

If you plan on keeping the car a long time such as ten years or more then get the highest trim level you can afford because you will probably forget how much you paid for the car by then.

·
Registered
317 Posts
While this question will draw subjective responses.. I believe Sport 6MT has been universally lauded as the most valued trim and to large extent, value-vehicle/model of the class :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
While this question will draw subjective responses.. I believe Sport 6MT has been universally lauded as the most valued trim and to large extent, value-vehicle/model of the class :thumbsup:
Interesting, who universally lauded the Sport with a manual transmission not only among Accord models but among midsize four door sedans? :dunno:

Obviously that's your opinion and like everyone else you are entitled to it.:yes:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not to go off topic, but where in the MID does it show average speed or the elapsed time? :dunno:

Do I have to do something else besides push the little dial on the cluster?

The link that flyboy posted shows that all trims have that and I have never seen it on ours. We have an ex-l if that matters

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Not to go off topic, but where in the MID does it show average speed or the elapsed time? :dunno:

Do I have to do something else besides push the little dial on the cluster?

The link that flyboy posted shows that all trims have that and I have never seen it on ours. We have an ex-l if that matters
I think that you can adjust how Trip A or Trip B resets milage on the speedometer cluster. That's the only place in the manual it mentions either average speed or elapsed time. I think one of each is on one of the cluster displays which are selected by pushing the little dial. Don't push it in too long or it will reset your milage.

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Don't be afraid of the v6 models. They get really good gas mileage and I love the added power. I had a 2010 ex-l and had I bought a v6 then I probably would have never gotten rid of it. I love the v6 in my coupe.

·
46 Posts
I went for the 2014 EX-L, I-4, CVT. It is basically fully loaded minus the navigation for $26,100 ($500 below invoice). Can't beat that price for all the standard features that comes with it! However, I would of gotten the sport if it came with a sunroof and higher quality sound system.

·
Banned
72 Posts
If you want a nicely equipped basic car then the LX is a good choice in either sedan or coupe and it's the least expensive Accord.
LX coupe(or sedan.whatevers available) CVT I4(or MT) with the upgraded cloth for '14 for 20k driveout! All it needs is aftermarket wheels once the stockies get rashed up or just opt for the HFP and its wheels. We got end of November and End of December to get it done!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Sport model...

/ Thread

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Don't be afraid of the v6 models. They get really good gas mileage and I love the added power. I had a 2010 ex-l and had I bought a v6 then I probably would have never gotten rid of it. I love the v6 in my coupe.
Really; good gas milage compared to what. The V6 with the automatic does very well on the highway. My I4 CVT in mixed city and some highway driving delivers a little over 30 mpg. The computer shows a little more. The added power on the V6 costs milage. Be aware that the V6 with the manual transmission doesn't have the cylinder deactivation function.

Here is the fuelly page for all 2013 Accords on their site. Go to the top and filter the V6 vs. the 4 and see the difference for yourself.

http://www.fuelly.com/car/honda/accord/2013/gas l4

·
Registered
134 Posts
Any trim level with the 4-cylinder engine. I understand that some people _have_ to have this or that convenience, but V6 is something you can skip if you're looking for value. If you don't use the navigation all the time, then you can also skip the navigation option and use a cheap unit from best buy when you need it.

·
loving the V6 growl :D
444 Posts
V6 if you need to haul family..

imo, get the sport if ur single.. or coupe LX

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
If you were going to get the LX, step up to the Sport. If you ever want to sell it you will have no issues and it gets you some good stuff for very little $$$.

Jay

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
If you were going to get the LX, step up to the Sport. If you ever want to sell it you will have no issues and it gets you some good stuff for very little $$$.

Jay
If you are interested in a four door sedan, there's no such thing as a four door coupe except in German cars, then Jay makes some sense about the sport. It does cost $1,760 more than the LX and only you can determine if it's worth the extra money.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Get the sport, best bang for your buck.
agreed! great value. I have a V6 Coupe, but if $$ were an issue I would have selected a Sport Edition. Sharp car with Leather, 18" wheels and dual exhaust. However, the show stopper for many including me is no sunroof. I can't own a Vehicle without light comng through the top.. but that's me.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts