Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are lots of things but I don't even know where to start.

I do know that it wasn't squeaking before I had Honda replace the brake and clutch fluid. I took it back when I had them replace my front brake pads and they said they would lube it up. That didn't help.

It happens pretty much all the time. I didn't notice it when it was really cold last weekend (I'm in south Texas). And it's at every position of the clutch. As I'm pushing the pedal down, letting it up, if I push it just a bit, it's squeaking.

· Registered
2004 Honda Accord LX 5 Speed
733 Posts
This happens in my car all of the time (and it happened in my previous accord of the same generation too). While I can’t give you a definitive answer of what causes it (though I’m sure somebody else can), it’s not something you need to worry about. If I recall, it has something to do with the bracket or clutch assembly. Unfortunately, in certain weather, it’s more susceptible to making this squeaking noise.

· Registered
795 Posts
Mine did it. I greased all the pivot points of the clutch pedal, and it stopped. Comes back from time to time, a little grease again and gone.

Reactions: WDHewson

· Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ll check the bracket. I had it welded/repaired a few years ago but maybe it failed again.

Right now I’m working on a few other things. I’m assuming this should hold and not be an issue.

· Registered
1,601 Posts
Do a forum search for clutch pedal squeak there are several articles on this. Basically, spray lube in the plunger shaft that goes through the fire wall. Depress the clutch and spray lube into it. It will last a few months and repeat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts