Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I most certainly am not.
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have almost saved up $1000. And can't decide between 2 items to buy.

1. D2 coilovers

2. HFP lip kit

I have a 2014 Accord EX-L V6 coupe.
I really like how the lip kit looks, and was thinking It may look good enough having the lip kit while being in 4x4 status. On the other hand, if I got the coils first, then it will look awesome lowered until I can save up again for the lip kit, in which it would look even more awesome.

Thoughts??

·
PLATINUM PLAYER
82 Posts
Well if you have to pay to get the coilovers installed than that's another $400 or $500

The hfp kit you can probably install yourself

2014 Sport Sedan 6 Speed
20x9 F 20x10.5 R
Tein S Tech
Takeda Intake
5k HID lows and fogs

·
Registered
73 Posts
I'd opt to go with the lip kit first, just my preference.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
I have both... I would say coilovers because once you dump it you may think you no longer need the HFP due to ground clearance issues. I can't even stick my foot under the front lip and the front tires are only flush with the fenders.

·
I most certainly am not.
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies.
I do all my own work, so there will be no labor costs. If I could find some S-techs for $100-$125, then I would get those and the lip kit, but I love my car so I want to have some good stuff for a change instead of taking the cheap route.

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
I do all my own work, so there will be no labor costs. If I could find some S-techs for $100-$125, then I would get those and the lip kit, but I love my car so I want to have some good stuff for a change instead of taking the cheap route.
Go with coilovers man, otherwise you install the spring and want it lower or a better ride quality then end up going with coilovers in the end anyways... like i did and so many others.

·
It's a Coupe or nothing
213 Posts
After installing the coilovers you may not want the lip kit. Looks great without.

·
I most certainly am not.
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again. I agree that coils will give an awesome look until I can save for the lip kit. I can't wait.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts