Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I was almost ready to pull the trigger in a bit ten D...but then I saw the bit ten like 150 cheaper. And I had an idea, what happen if I get the bit ten only, without the D and use the money left in some sound deadening material for my doors.

At this moment my doors dont have any treatment, and I think I wont need the digital input of the bit ten D for a while, since I want to keep my OEM HU in my 8th gen honda. The only disadvantage I see is that I wont have sub control for certain songs and I will need to use my HU to move the volume, so I dont know know much the bass will roll off while I turn up the volume.

What would you do?

Thanks!!

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
14,396 Posts
this almost read like a spam post.

care to share some links as to what you are talking about?

·
Thunder Up!
2,559 Posts
If you're songs have that much of variance in the bass, then you need to download/purchase more quality recordings. Set it correctly and forget about it.

Also, deadener + DSP is a MUCH better route. You can put in Scanspeak/Seas/etc and put it all on DSP, but you're still going to have issues since your install isn't up to par. Install is muuuuch more important than many people think. If you're door panels are vibrating..that's noise in the system. If your panels are resonating, that's distortion/noise in the system coloring the sound. In a car it's impossible to get it perfectly quiet, but if you properly deaden the doors/door card/etc and if you can put some MLV over that then you'll be in great shape.

·
Newb
136 Posts
Proper installation will always yield better results in the long run over electronic measures to make up shortcomings in your install. It's far easier to do it right the first time then have to go back and apply deadener after the fact.

·
Chocolate Lady
269 Posts
I'm not a connoisseur by any means. At all.
But what I do know is bass rattle will ruin your overall sound... especially in this particular car.

If you can do some deadening... do it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts