Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this idea from AZ. What feature do you least use in your Accord?

For me it would have to be my power seat recline. I have never ever used it. But that might have something to do with the fact that it's broken :dunno:

Seriously, it would have to be the heated mirrors. Even in Toronto, I've never had a problem with foggy mirrors.

Other unused features:
12V jack: Just don't have anything to put in there 99% of the time

Change holder: Never really have the time to arrange it in those little slits, it's much easier and quicker to count by just putting it in the ashtray that isn't really an ashtray. It is nice if you're just cleaning up the car though.

Cupholders: There's too many of them! Centre console and door pocket ones might get used, but never anything in the rear. Which is probably for the better.

So which features don't you use on your Accord?

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,509 Posts
That's an easy one. Home-Link. I never use the outside temperature display either, and don't see the need. Automatic off headlights. I tried using them once, and they seemed to freak out. I saw them flashing for no reason during the night. I can turn the lights off myself. My high beams (headlights) should last forever, cause I very rarely get to use them. My CD player gets very little use either, but I'll keep that.

·
2016 Nissan Maxima Platnm
4,574 Posts
The backseat of my coupe! I rarely ever have more than one passenger. As far as driving the car, probably the 12v accessory in the center console, as well as the coin holders in the console. I put spare change in the flip pocket next to the 12v front accessory socket. I never use the TCS Off feature either.

·
V6 Slingshot Engaged!!
519 Posts
Personally, I NEVER use the sliding armrest! I forget it slides until a passenger that insists on shifting their weight on it while they are getting in and it pops forward. Annoying IMO. I use the Homelink everyday in regard to the post above. Can't imagine going back to living without it! It is much better than having 3 openers on my visor.:D

·
2007 Honda Accord SE
407 Posts
My cruise control, only use it gets is to hit the button for fun when the car is off and im sitting there waiting for someone.

·
1,771 Posts
My sunroof, I wish my car didnt have it, takes away headroom. The Accord is kind of loud as is for a family sedan so who needs more noise.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
My sunroof, I wish my car didnt have it, takes away headroom. The Accord is kind of loud as is for a family sedan so who needs more noise.
I agree with the sunroof but I wouldn't replace it. Just don't use it much the weathers been pretty shitty around here lately :paranoid:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Lots of extras on this well-engineered 6M................but Homelink, sunroof - and my personal non-use feature: seat warmers - are beyond my pay (usage) grade.

great car (using fuel numbers, acceleration numbers, resale numbers, repair numbers et al)

ez sends.............

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Power driver seat and VSA off button. I'm the only one that drives my car and I see no need to turn off the safety nanny. My sunroof is getting much usage now that it's only in the 80's during the day.

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Seriously, it would have to be the heated mirrors. Even in Toronto, I've never had a problem with foggy mirrors.
This... I think I may have used them once. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Homelink.

Auto On/Off light feature.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,440 Posts
passenger side front visor, cause on mostly all of my highway trips, i'm alone.....

·
Registered
129 Posts
The hook in the trunk. Haven't dound a good reason for it.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Funny, I utilize the VSA off on a routine basis anytime I drive, as long as inclement weather is not present.

I have no need for a babysitter in dry conditions, car definitely drives different -- slightly, but still noticeable.

·
2003 I4 Noble Green EX
84 Posts
I wish I had known about all you guys who never use your Homelink...I would have offered to trade my (non-Homelink) module for yours! Actuially I did find one on Ebay and snagged it for $53.

My wife uses it all the time, she got used to it on our 330ci and hated going back to fumbling with the transmitter. I even put in a Poor Man's Homelink in my old Toyota pickup, a Radio Shack momentary contact switch in the dash, wired into the transmitter which I zip-tied under the dash.

Now all I need is to put in a tiny LED so we can find the (unlighted) Homelink buttons in the dark.

Cheers,
Paul

·
Registered
191 Posts
Funny, I utilize the VSA off on a routine basis anytime I drive, as long as inclement weather is not present.

I have no need for a babysitter in dry conditions, car definitely drives different -- slightly, but still noticeable.
Lol when I pushed down on the VSA off button, I saw that yellow /!\ (or was it the VSA, I forgot) on the cluster, which made me feel like I was doing something wrong. So I turned it back on and never pressed it again. I'm gonna have to turn it off to see if I notice a difference.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts