Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2521 - 2540 of 2560 Posts

·
2007 Acura RDX!
190 Posts
I'm so glad that I finally got the tint done. I almost wish I would have gone darker, but it's great at night

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah. Just got mine tinted and installed the fogs last week. I want the spoiler and sunroof visor like you have. Your car looks perfect, BTW!

·
Registered
345 Posts
I've seen them on eBay painted. Will check them out.

How hard was install? Do you recommend a shop install?
It was pretty straight forward. Same as the OEM one except you have to install the studs. I didn't really like the studs that came with it, so I ordered some from McMaster that had a better bite.

For the most part, just follow the OEM instructions, only difference being the studs you have to thread in to the spoiler

·
Registered
2007 Honda Accord V6 Coupe 6 speed MT
17 Posts
72,500 miles, barely broken in 2007 6 speed, 6 cylinder coupe. Got it with 3,700 miles on the odometer as a Honda fleet vehicle. Never titled, but technically Certified Used which extended the factory warranty. $9,000 under sticker price (8th generation cars were just starting to be delivered). 2nd gear synchronizer was bad right out of the box (common failure outlined in a TSB). Only other repairs were post warranty: Bad pulley bearing on the serpentine belt tensioner, bad printed circuit board on center brake light, and weak hood lift struts. Otherwise just, fluids, tires, brake pads, rotors, timing belt (water pump and tensioner) and a recent clutch replacement. Car is parked outside, so headlights clouded up and clear coat failed on wheels. Restored the headlights and painted the wheels and they look great.

CAPTCHA - I'm not a robot. Identify all photos with a Weiner.

·
2007 Acura RDX!
190 Posts
It was pretty straight forward. Same as the OEM one except you have to install the studs. I didn't really like the studs that came with it, so I ordered some from McMaster that had a better bite.

For the most part, just follow the OEM instructions, only difference being the studs you have to thread in to the spoiler

Oh ok. Thanks for the info on the install!

·
2005 Honda Accord LX
38 Posts

Final tally: 461,990. Lost compression in cylinder 1. Going to scrap it or donate it. Replacement car is the 2020 Corolla in the background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that a v6 or 4 cylinder? Automatic? Did you ever change the Automatic tranny oil?

How often do you change engine oil? Synthetic or regular oil?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Pilot without a plane
472 Posts
Is this for real? What year and size engine?

Automatic or manual? If Automatic how often do you change trany oil? How often do you change engine oil? Synthetic or regular oil?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
Yeah, it's real. 2003 3.0L v6, 6spd manual transmission.
Mobil 1 5w-20 changed every 15k miles. Redline MTL transmission fluid around every 100k miles.

My car's thread gives insight into what it takes to keep a high mileage car on the road.

·
Registered
660 Posts
View attachment 524139

380k on clutch
432k on transmission

100k miles in 8 mo and 3 days
So awesome! Congrats on another mile marker!

I wonder if you’ve got the record for mileage on a J-series motor. I’ve seen (on forums) some first gen Pilots and MDXs getting near 400k, but 700,000? That’s impressive.

·
2005 Honda Accord LX
38 Posts
Yeah, it's real. 2003 3.0L v6, 6spd manual transmission.
Mobil 1 5w-20 changed every 15k miles. Redline MTL transmission fluid around every 100k miles.

My car's thread gives insight into what it takes to keep a high mileage car on the road.

380k on clutch
432k on transmission

100k miles in 8 mo and 3 days
incredible. i'll look for your thread...[EDIT - saw your link under your name]
so what is it that you do that you drive so much if you are ok with answering this.

i wonder if anyone has done this many on an automatic.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,278 Posts
incredible. i'll look for your thread...but if you give me a link, that would be nice.

He has a 6spd manual. The car of all cars: the rare 6/6.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Pilot without a plane
472 Posts
incredible. i'll look for your thread...[EDIT - saw your link under your name]
so what is it that you do that you drive so much if you are ok with answering this.

@stiller fan and I are couriers. We get paid to haul stuff in our Accords.

He has a 6spd manual. The car of all cars: the rare 6/6.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Yeah, rare and Accord in the same sentence sounds weird until you try to find one.

2521 - 2540 of 2560 Posts