Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2541 - 2560 of 2560 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
05 EX V6 255,000 We bought the car in Jan 07. Its been passed down from me to my daughter and back to me. This year is the first year Ive even had to put any money into it other then brakes and normal maintenance.
What has it needed so far in terms of maintenance/repairs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
What has it needed so far in terms of maintenance/repairs?
I just replaced the whole front suspension this spring, struts, ball joints etc. I replaced both CV axles because the boots were tore up and i was already tearing into the suspension I figured I might as well replace.
My starter just died 3 weeks ago. And I replaced a power steering return line and the feed line off the reservoir to the pump.
I honestly can’t complain at all. We have had this car for 13 years. We have put 239000 of the 255000 miles on it.
this is the 3rd 7th gen accord I’ve owned. My son and I both wrecked the other 2 :-/
Both were EX V6. I don’t know how the newer generation cars are doing as far as any problems per se but these 7th gens are almost bullet proof in my experience

·
Registered
660 Posts
I just replaced the whole front suspension this spring, struts, ball joints etc. I replaced both CV axles because the boots were tore up and i was already tearing into the suspension I figured I might as well replace.
My starter just died 3 weeks ago. And I replaced a power steering return line and the feed line off the reservoir to the pump.
I honestly can’t complain at all. We have had this car for 13 years. We have put 239000 of the 255000 miles on it.
this is the 3rd 7th gen accord I’ve owned. My son and I both wrecked the other 2 :-/
Both were EX V6. I don’t know how the newer generation cars are doing as far as any problems per se but these 7th gens are almost bullet proof in my experience
Your attitude toward your 7th gen is the same as my thoughts toward my 8th gen... it's been such a reliable, cost-effective vehicle, that when repairs come up, I really can't complain. To that point, despite having the new car itch, I'm hard pressed to sell my current ride, as it still feels as good to drive as the day I bought it over 5 years ago.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Your attitude toward your 7th gen is the same as my thoughts toward my 8th gen... it's been such a reliable, cost-effective vehicle, that when repairs come up, I really can't complain. To that point, despite having the new car itch, I'm hard pressed to sell my current ride, as it still feels as good to drive as the day I bought it over 5 years ago.
Yeah I did scratch that itch in Jan. Bought a truck, but I’ve kept the Accord as my work car. My daughter was terrible at washing and keeping the interior clean :-(. So the paint is peeling on the hood and roof. But the car runs great and is better on gas then my truck so I drive it to work and keep the truck for after work and weekend travel.
i told my self short of a motor or tranny failure I’m gonna see how many miles I can get on the Accord

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,278 Posts
Scheduled check-in for my 7th gen fans out there...
20201017_110932.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
302 Posts
236,600 for me. Drove it into the office today. Since March I've put a lowsy 4000 miles on my 07 Accord, wifes 2017 Sport has only gotten 3500 miles since COVID, my truck has done the bulk of the work at just over 10K over that stretch. We each usually put 3000 miles a month on both accords... Truck goes back and forth to the cabin every weekend otherwise.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Final Mileage: 236,756. Sold the Accord yesterday. I couldn't stand to see it sit any longer without being used. I felt like the money I got it for was too good to pass up. I drove the car just over 150K miles in 7 years 7 months. I'll still be on the 9th gen forums for my wifes 2017 Sport though.. Told the new owner that if she ever wanted to sell the vehicle back I would like to be first in line to buy.

Never thought I'd get attached to this car as much as I did, but I graduated High School, College (two year degree and 4 year degree), got engaged, bought my first home and got married while owning this car. It's been one hell of a ride. :( Final time pulling away below.

·
subtract 261000 miles to get engine mileage
17,278 Posts
Final Mileage: 236,756. Sold the Accord yesterday. I couldn't stand to see it sit any longer without being used. I felt like the money I got it for was too good to pass up. I drove the car just over 150K miles in 7 years 7 months. I'll still be on the 9th gen forums for my wifes 2017 Sport though.. Told the new owner that if she ever wanted to sell the vehicle back I would like to be first in line to buy.

Never thought I'd get attached to this car as much as I did, but I graduated High School, College (two year degree and 4 year degree), got engaged, bought my first home and got married while owning this car. It's been one hell of a ride. :( Final time pulling away below.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
'07 EX/Nav 5MT since new. '20 Sport 2.0T 6MT soon.
2007 EX-L I4 w/ Navi 5MT, 251,000 km, silver. 2020 Sport 2.0T 6MT coming soon.
12 Posts
251,000 km on my '07 EX-L V4 w/ Navi. I put it up for sale Saturday. I'll make a bigger effort to sell it once the new Accord is here.

It's been a good car! Bought it new.

2541 - 2560 of 2560 Posts