Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

2601 - 2608 of 2608 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just rolled over to 148k
Bought it 10months ago with 124k
It was a one owner and well maintained.
I replaced the starter and fixed a small atf leak.
Not a single issue otherwise.

Suspension is starting to show its age, so I’m debating how far I want to get into rebuilding it, as I may only keep this car one more year..

I do my own work but suspension repairs are a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
05' Accord LX Sedan
4 Posts
05' Accord 2.4 LX, Auto. Bought in Feb 2020 with 84k. Just turned 105k Runs strong.

Did a Trans Flush (not a chemical flush) with the newest fluid, ATF-DW1, and changed the inline filter. Trans shift is much smoother as well, very happy with the results. Saw other posting before about not doing a flush, but it was too late, this was before I joined the forum. Assumed it was never changed. Again did my research on plugs, NGK Laser Iridium I found, before this forum.

Only complaint was the dreaded backlit on the radio/HVAC, but I am looking to replace that. Probably will be a OEM replacement that actually works. Haven't found a good Android replacement yet.

All in all, VERY happy with it.

·
Pilot without a plane
675 Posts
05' Accord 2.4 LX, Auto. Bought in Feb 2020 with 84k. Just turned 105k Runs strong.

Did a Trans Flush (not a chemical flush) with the newest fluid, ATF-DW1, and changed the inline filter. Trans shift is much smoother as well, very happy with the results. Saw other posting before about not doing a flush, but it was too late, this was before I joined the forum. Assumed it was never changed. Again did my research on plugs, NGK Laser Iridium I found, before this forum.

Only complaint was the dreaded backlit on the radio/HVAC, but I am looking to replace that. Probably will be a OEM replacement that actually works. Haven't found a good Android replacement yet.

All in all, VERY happy with it.
Welcome to DA!

I had the same radio and hvac problems. You can find listings on Ebay of people who will send you a new "block" for your radio. This will fix your problem. You can also replace the bad resistor yourself.

I have a writeup in my car's thread about getting a different block from someone on Ebay.

·
Registered
7 Posts
2006 Accord purchased in 10/2006 w/ <10 miles. Currently almost 200k, maybe 196k miles.

My radio has been out for 7 years, started failing as soon as warranty fell off and percussive frustrations finished the job. I just ordered Amazon.com: XTRONS Android 10.0 Car Stereo Radio Player 10.1 Inch IPS Touch Screen GPS Navigation Built-in DSP Bluetooth Head Unit Supports Full RCA Output Backup Camera WiFi OBD2 DVR TPMS for Honda Accord: GPS & Navigation 2 days ago since I saw that particular brand installed by several YouTubers so I thought I'd give it a shot.

·
Registered
05' Accord LX Sedan
4 Posts
2006 Accord purchased in 10/2006 w/ <10 miles. Currently almost 200k, maybe 196k miles.

My radio has been out for 7 years, started failing as soon as warranty fell off and percussive frustrations finished the job. I just ordered Amazon.com: XTRONS Android 10.0 Car Stereo Radio Player 10.1 Inch IPS Touch Screen GPS Navigation Built-in DSP Bluetooth Head Unit Supports Full RCA Output Backup Camera WiFi OBD2 DVR TPMS for Honda Accord: GPS & Navigation 2 days ago since I saw that particular brand installed by several YouTubers so I thought I'd give it a shot.
Cool, I have also looked on amazon, and I guess I missed this one. And actually would have invested the time to actually do it.... but some of the other radios I saw, gave me some doubts on the quality. Feel free to DM me.or add to a new thread... I don't want to get flamed for hijacking the thread here. 😀

·
Registered
05' Accord LX Sedan
4 Posts
Welcome to DA!

I had the same radio and hvac problems. You can find listings on Ebay of people who will send you a new "block" for your radio. This will fix your problem. You can also replace the bad resistor yourself.

I have a writeup in my car's thread about getting a different block from someone on Ebay.
Thanks TX Accord, and thank you for your service (former Navy as well; ET).... let me look at your Car Thread.... I may DM you. I did have the Radio out and disassembled, but the the other YouTube videos I saw, did not have the same style radio innerts; just could not translate in the video, to my radio. I may have to take my radio apart again and take some pics.

2601 - 2608 of 2608 Posts