Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
2641 - 2660 of 2693 Posts

·
i now have 2 cars to break!!! MUWHAHAH!!!!
14,905 Posts
That's 25k miles in just two months or even less.
I don't think I can ever do that.

At this pace, you should hit 1million before September 2022.
I guess my plan to do laps around the country in 2023 is all for naught.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

·
14,905 Posts

·
14,905 Posts
Oh,
My bad.

Then, you can still do it.
It isn't for naught.
...except if you were hoping to beat TX Accord to the 1M mark.??
Correct.

I mean, I still could do it. But, there wont be a purpose, other than putting more miles on her.

·
Don't drink and drive
4,581 Posts
My brother-in-law's 2006 7th gen EX-L has about 100k miles now. He's a trucker and barely drives it. This car is in excellent condition. However, he still refuses to do the timing belt job and won't sell it to me either. Just waiting for that boom day.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Just hit 200k last week and had my timing belt and water pump done on the same weekend. Let the picture of the timing belt condition be a reminder to do your scheduled maintenance. Water pump was leaking slightly and basically started pouring coolant once the engine mount was removed. Onto the next 100k I guess.

Attachments

·
Prefers to shift his own gears
867 Posts
Just hit 200k last week and had my timing belt and water pump done on the same weekend. Let the picture of the timing belt condition be a reminder to do your scheduled maintenance. Water pump was leaking slightly and basically started pouring coolant once the engine mount was removed. Onto the next 100k I guess.
What brand was this timing belt and how many miles was this one used?

Looks like you were lucky it didn't let go.

·
Registered
245 Posts
What brand was this timing belt and how many miles was this one used?

I bought it after it had been done. The water pump said GMB on it. I used a Gates kit.

Looks like you were lucky it didn't let go.
I kept saying I’d get around to it and I think we know how that goes. I’m really glad it didn’t blow up.

Reactions: DaErh21

·
Registered
245 Posts
Also, I did a compression test and all cylinders were healthy. Changed the plugs out while we were at it. I’ll be catching up this year on some maintenance.
Next is valve covers and valve adjustment and replacing my rear arms for alignment. They are frozen solid and need to be cut off. Original clutch too…just kind of waiting for that one to start slipping.

·
Registered
313 Posts
2007 i4/5mt: ~ 136.5k miles (~218.5k km).
-Recently had my sagging driver's side door fixed, shuts normally once again.
-PCV valve changed
-Knock on wood: Air cond. working again. Possible culprit could be the blend door actuator. I blasted the temp all the way up, then all the way down a few times. I'm wondering if that loosened something up that was seized? Working fine for last couple weeks. If it goes again - likely deal with it next summer.
-Getting car oil sprayed in October. (Necessary, with all the winter salted roads)
-Getting new front brake pads end of October, when I swap to snow tires.

·
14,905 Posts
2007 i4/5mt: ~ 136.5k miles (~218.5k km).
-Getting car oil sprayed in October. (Necessary, with all the winter salted roads)
Do you think that works honestly?

I'm all about longevity with cars, especially when it comes to preventing rot.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Do you think that works honestly?

I'm all about longevity with cars, especially when it comes to preventing rot.

I hope so lol - I've been doing it since I bought the car in 2012. I've done it with previous cars too, but did skip years once in awhile.
I doubt it was done for the first 5 years of this car's life though (2007-2012) - but it's something I've tried to remember to do once/year.
It does have rust - right rear wheel well - bulging out - yet, I'm convinced that started before I bought the car.
Depending on how bad that area gets, I may go to a body shop - just depends on cost and/or how long I am going to have the car, at that point.

·
14,905 Posts
@stiller fan
Metal on cars that get oil covered from leaks do not rust.
I'm trying to fix leaks quickly when they happen. With gas prices continuing to climb, I dont need the extra expense.

2641 - 2660 of 2693 Posts