Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
2661 - 2680 of 2693 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
damn how did the engine blow up at such an early age
Didn't blow up...but the engine was worn. Was starting to use oil and had bad wrist pins on 2 cylinders. It's not that uncommon on the J-series engines. Rather than junking the car and spending way more on something with similar mileage or something new, decided to rebuild the transmission and get a reman engine...for the same price the dealer was going to charge me to replace the blown transmission. It's cost me a bit more due to how bad the transmission was (needed new bell case/valve body and third gear), but all in all, the car's interior/exterior and the new stuff under the hood make me feel like it'll be worth it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
2007 'Value Edition' just rolled over 200,000 miles after a flawless drive from Az to Wa and back. The only thing I'd complain about is the notorious peeling white paint, but it's minimal for the time being. I am worried that the rot will spread over the next few years. There are plenty of photos showing huge sheets peeling off 7th gen Hondas. :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just under 64,000 miles on a 2007 model purchased new in November of 2006.

Low mileage as this was the wife's car that for many years only got out to the grocery store and mall a couple of times per week. Had a 3 year period where it was donated to other family members and it suffered some scratches on the nose and had to stay out in the weather all day but still got very little mileage. I have it back now and am feeling some affection and gratitude for it's reliability. Has been getting regular routine maintenance / fluid service etc. Its so reliable that getting a new battery seems like an annoyance. :)

Am wondering if at this rate I can keep her going another another 30 years?

2661 - 2680 of 2693 Posts