Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
2681 - 2693 of 2693 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
IMO, not if it's in good condition! Have you shopped for cars lately? :p
2020 i got my 2007 accord 4 cyl automatic for 3800$Cad mint condition with 97K miles .There is indeed a big shortage in the car market right now but it doesn’t mean that the car is not overpriced.luckilly you payed premium for an accord and you probably still get your moneys worth if you take good care of it.
it’s still way better than a 50k miles nissan versa or a kia.

·
Registered
26 Posts
2004 Accord 2.4, original owner from Oct 2004

never left me stranded. minor issues beyond regular (sometimes lazy) owners manual maintenance (oil changes every 5 - 8k miles ):

P2647 error (vtec solenoid) at around 110k....fixed after 1st oil change with Mobil 1 High Mileage Extended Performance (I was genuinely surprised);

Radio head unit died (known circuit board issue in the forums, there was a factory extended warranty);

minor sheetmetal rust (sometimes I see Accords with rust in the exact same spots on the hood and rear wheel well);

replaced rear axle, front CV joints, front bushings (bad roads in the rust belt)

replaced return line for the power steering pump (rust after 16 years)

replaced donut exhaust gasket (rust at 14 years), new flex pipe connector (rust at 17 years), random rust hole in exhaust patch welded shut (17 years);

driver side door look tumblers are worn out so I can't use the key to unlock the car (known issue on alot of older Hondas from that era, 15 years);

burns 1 quart of oil every 1 - 2k miles (original PCV valve, original vtec solenoid, original mass air flow sensor);

am on my third A/C compressor (replaced at age 4 and age 10);

original water pump, original transmission, original cat converter;

replaced starter at age 14, replaced alternator at 185,000 (age 16) even though it still was putting out the right volts cuz I didn't want to risk being stranded;

1 of the instrument panel LED bulbs burned out, can't be replaced according to the service manual (the big one that is a 500mb pdf);

temperature select actuator got stuck cuz of dust bunnies that clogged the guide rails...fixed it in 5 min by opening the dash and clearing away the gunk...try accessing the actuators in a Traverse-Acadia-Enclave);

can't think of anything else. Thanks driveaccord for all the great info over the years! thanks Honda.

Great car for hassle-free reliability.

Car Speedometer Odometer Light Vehicle

·
Registered
5 Posts
@noviceAccord Sorry about your loss/inconvenience. Arseholes everywhere. How's one supposed to stop that from happening again?
Yeah. I ask my mechanic to add theft deterrents on my new catalytic converter.

@duckdodgers-24 Did I read that correctly - Burns 1 quart of oil every 1-2k miles? I guess for long trips you need to bring a large container of oil?

·
Prefers to shift his own gears
867 Posts
you car's biggest danger is being on the wrong end of a livestreaming 17 y.o. running a red.

contact Honda HQ after you hit 1,000,000 and kindly ask new Accord. then drop mic.
@Marc999 Thanks. I'm fortunate I don't have to deal with road salt here. Salty air from the gulf. Just have to wash it weekly and try to fix paint chips.

@duckdodgers-24 Yeah, we plan on going to the museum and factory in Ohio hopefully as it rolls a million. There's definitely an element of luck involved in this. There have been many close calls.

·
Registered
2005 Accord i4, EX-L, w/o NAV
75 Posts
2004 Accord 2.4, original owner from Oct 2004

1 of the instrument panel LED bulbs burned out, can't be replaced according to the service manual (the big one that is a 500mb pdf);

This may help.

2681 - 2693 of 2693 Posts