Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 accord ex sedan and it came with the factory 6cd changer/casettte player. It has the 2 speakers in the rear, 2 on the door and 2 tweeters. I bought the car used, so don't have a manual :dunno:

I'm looking to replace the head unit as I need ipod controller and aux in. I am told I should choose one depending on the wattage of my speakers. Which head unit would you recommend? Or do you think I should change both the speakers and the head unit at once? (I was thinking of replacing the speakers may be in the future)

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you are planning on upgrading your speakers in the near future anyway, then I would just get whatever head unit you think will best suit your needs later on.

No-matter what unit you get (regardless of wattage) you aren't gonna hurt your stock speakers unless you are blaring the hell out of them, in which case you are asking to blow them.

It's better to get an overpowered deck initially that you can build upon rather than getting a mediocre deck that you will have to replace when you start upgrading the rest of your system.

I recently purchased a Pioneer Premier DEH-P410UB from Crutchfield. They also offer a step down version that is practically the exact same thing just not the premier series for $20 cheaper. It has a USB port in the back so you can play your Ipod through your deck without ever having to take it out of your glove box. The Ipod cord is included. Also there's an aux input on the front so you can plug another device in. Great for when your GF is crying about wanting to listen to her music.
http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_130P410UB/Pioneer-Premier-DEH-P410UB.html?tp=5684

The Unit I REALLY wanted was the Pioneer Premier DEH-P710BT because it is more than I will ever need in a deck.... which is good bc I can vastly build upon it.
http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_130P710BT/Pioneer-Premier-DEH-P710BT.html?showAll=N&tp=5684&avf=N

Unfortunately I couldn't afford it at the time so I went with the first. Not to take away from the deck I bought. I'm extremely impressed with it and it made my stock speakers sound amazing. I will probably just abuse my stockies until I blow them and then upgrade my entire system and throw in a sub. :banana::banana::banana:

·
Registered
94 Posts
BTW, this thread probably belongs in "Audio & Electronic" under the "Honda Accord Labs" section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts