Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 5 months of ownership this is what my driver's seat looks like. Is this about par for the course or should I be concerned? Please refrain from any jokes about my a$$.

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
If you put a rag in water in a glass bowl and put it int the microwave, then take the hot rag out of the water and lay it on the leather where it's deformed. It will "shrink" the leather so to speak. Do it every few months.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
227 Posts
I had a Destiny's Child reference joke ready to deploy, but refrained since you requested. Any who, I've heard of the warm cloth trick working too, so I'd go that route. Hope that helps!

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Our Odyssey is doing the same after 7 months. I call it normal.

Jay

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I'd say it's normal, mine looks basically the same. Only the driver's seat though since I hardly have any passengers.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'd say it's normal, mine looks basically the same. Only the driver's seat though since I hardly have any passengers.
Same here.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
After 5 months of ownership this is what my driver's seat looks like. Is this about par for the course or should I be concerned? Please refrain from any jokes about my a$$.
Do you keep your wallet in your right back pocket?

Jay

·
14 CBP SPRT ( . Y . )
951 Posts
maybe its a pleather seat!! my wife has a pleather coach purse....looks the same
sorry, i needed share...pleather is a funny word!

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Seriously this forum never ceases to entertain me! You actually used brain power to worry about this and finger energy to type this message (not to mention the time to take a photo and post it)?

What did you honestly expect people are going to say? Yes this is a major problem with your car, and you should get a new car under warranty? Yes this is majorly unsafe? Yes this looks horrible and nobody will ever want to ride in your car and will think you are a loser because you have a slight ripple in the leather on your seat?

I realize my post might seem like a rant (and to some extent it is) but I am geniunely interested as to what feedback you thought you'd be getting, so pls post away.....

thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Marty... why so negative? After all, you clicked on the thread using your finger and mental energy in which you are also wasting. Lay off and go to another thread, you are a perfect example of people these days who bully and try to pass your negative energy. Have a great day and OP I say it is normal. :)

"Seriously this forum never ceases to entertain me!" You must love the entertainment because you seem to come back for more.. Don't like it? Don't post! Trust me no ones feelings will get hurt!

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Marty... why so negative? After all, you clicked on the thread using your finger and mental energy in which you are also wasting. Lay off and go to another thread, you are a perfect example of people these days who bully and try to pass your negative energy. Have a great day and OP I say it is normal. :)

"Seriously this forum never ceases to entertain me!" You must love the entertainment because you seem to come back for more.. Don't like it? Don't post! Trust me no ones feelings will get hurt!
Umm Okay you're right, I now see the error of my ways DGCoupe! :dunno:

I do enjoy this forum because it has a lot of good information. I do also shake my head when people seem to worry about silly stuff and complain about the smallest things on the car like it is the biggest deal. OP wasn't complaining, but was worrying. I'm basically telling people to chill out and focus on the important things. Yes I wasted finger power typing, you're right. That's not the point. So you honestly are concerned for the OP that his leather seat has issues to worry about? Answer honestly. My post was simply saying "my gosh quit worrying man"

And to OP, I apologize if I came off as negative but I still stand by my view "quit worrying, man"

·
Former H Master Tech
318 Posts
Do you carry a thick wallet in your back pocket? What happens is your seat is cold when you get in the car then hit the seat heater and it goes from cold to hot real fast expanding... then you get out and it gets cold again fast stretching it out over time. The hot wet rag trick mentioned earlier works well. All honda "leather" seats are pleather FYI.

·
Registered
32 Posts
So you honestly are concerned for the OP that his leather seat has issues to worry about? Answer honestly.

Honestly NO because I have a month old sedan. If I had the same concerns down the road Yes I would be or atleast I can keep an eye on the seat just in case mine does the same thing if not worse within time. Do I read post to possibly lead me to answers to my questions down the road that I may encounter about my car? OFcourse.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you put a rag in water in a glass bowl and put it int the microwave, then take the hot rag out of the water and lay it on the leather where it's deformed. It will "shrink" the leather so to speak. Do it every few months.

Wow. An actual solution to the OP's concern! Thanks Accord V6 for us that appreciate answers instead of sarcastic uncalled for remarks (Marty).

·
Registered
275 Posts
I realize my post might seem like a rant (and to some extent it is) but I am geniunely interested as to what feedback you thought you'd be getting, so pls post away.....

thanks!
Hmm.. how about the advice that popped out in the first couple of posts that amounted to:

"yes, this happened to me too and here's a quick fix that works."

Jeez, man, I'm new around here, and this is the second time I've seen you griping about the value of somebody asking a question AFTER A GOOD ANSWER HAS COME FORWARD. You lost the flame war before it even began.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wow. An actual solution to the OP's concern! Thanks Accord V6 for us that appreciate answers instead of sarcastic uncalled for remarks (Marty).

I aim to please haha :)

And Marty, I understand you don't necessarily care but it would annoy me a little having a new car with leather that does that and if I were a member on the forum who didn't know how to solve the issue, I would seek out help if it really bothered me. This is a car forum where people are passionate about there cars. I.e. We want them to be in pristine or near pristine condition. (Even though that may never happen.)

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
I have a 2000 Toyota Solara and it does not have that problem so I think op is justified in being concerned about it. When you pay nearly $30,000 for a car you have a reasonable expectation that it will hold up decently for a few years before things start going south on you.

·
2014 V6 EXL Sedan
2,056 Posts
Hmm.. how about the advice that popped out in the first couple of posts that amounted to:

"yes, this happened to me too and here's a quick fix that works."

Jeez, man, I'm new around here, and this is the second time I've seen you griping about the value of somebody asking a question AFTER A GOOD ANSWER HAS COME FORWARD. You lost the flame war before it even began.
Okay so Guy 1 posts to complain about the "sharp edge on his turn stalk" and Guy 2 comes in with a great solution...go buy a Dremel tool for $50 with a light abrasive and carefully polish the edge of said "sharp edge" to remove the sharp edge. Total cost $50 and 30 mins of time.

I am still allowed to have the opinion that Guy 1's concern is completely silly as most people would never notice the "sharp edge on the turn stalk" even though Guy 2 had a GOOD ANSWER on how to fix it. Not sure why I "lose a flame war" as I'm not even intending to be in a flame war. You guys are allowed to have "major concerns" and "worries" about the car and I'm allowed to roll my eyes and say "really? you're worried about THAT?????"

There can be lots of solutions to trivial and inconsequential "problems" and that doesn't make the "problems" suddenly extremely important or valid.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Thanks for the useful information. Never heard of that before. I'll give it a try.

I had a Destiny's Child reference joke ready to deploy, but refrained since you requested. Any who, I've heard of the warm cloth trick working too, so I'd go that route. Hope that helps!
Go ahead and post the joke. Maybe it'll give us all a laugh and help some folks to chill out.

Do you keep your wallet in your right back pocket?

Jay
Yes, never thought of that.

Seriously this forum never ceases to entertain me! You actually used brain power to worry about this and finger energy to type this message (not to mention the time to take a photo and post it)?

What did you honestly expect people are going to say? Yes this is a major problem with your car, and you should get a new car under warranty? Yes this is majorly unsafe? Yes this looks horrible and nobody will ever want to ride in your car and will think you are a loser because you have a slight ripple in the leather on your seat?

thanks!
Umm Okay you're right, I now see the error of my ways DGCoupe! :dunno:

I do enjoy this forum because it has a lot of good information. I do also shake my head when people seem to worry about silly stuff and complain about the smallest things on the car like it is the biggest deal. OP wasn't complaining, but was worrying. I'm basically telling people to chill out and focus on the important things. Yes I wasted finger power typing, you're right. That's not the point. So you honestly are concerned for the OP that his leather seat has issues to worry about? Answer honestly. My post was simply saying "my gosh quit worrying man"

And to OP, I apologize if I came off as negative but I still stand by my view "quit worrying, man"
Seriously I am often dismayed by the caliber of people and level of some responses on this forum. I merely expressed a possible concern and actually used less brain power and finger energy than you obviously did (taking a pic is not as hard as it once was in case you hadn't heard).

There's also a big difference between expressing a possible concern, a major problem, a major safety issue, silly stuff, small things, big deals, and worrying in my opinion. No need to apologize as it is not wanted nor needed and comes across as rather disingenuous. Your posts are sometimes quite useful but more often than not your delivery detracts from your message. I received just about what I expected from the folks who responded. I got some sincere responses, some helpful suggestions, some shared experiences, and some worthless space eating diatribes.

Out of all the vehicles I've owned I've never had one where the (leather, pleather, vinyl) developed this symptom so quickly. To anyone who might be interested in the reason for my BIG WORRY I've been looking at purchasing the wife a '14 EX L Sedan soon and was curious about the seating. I thought it was a rather simple inquiry but I guess dropping 50K+ in the span of six months is not an important thing in the world according to MV6.

Anyway, thanks to all, quoted and unquoted, who chimed in. Guess I'll be straddling the fence here soon as we may the owners of both the VCM and CVT models. BTW, @ShaZzam185 let's here your joke. I've got a rather thick skin and enjoy a good laugh!!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts