Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know that we like to wash our cars, so whats your favorite type of shamy??

I tried using a shamwow once but the fabric like spread all along my car and it was a horrible experience... share your stories or what your favorite shamy is!!!

:)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
i dry my whole car with the absorber. i know youre supposed to pat dry but it takes too long for me. i drag it. i think thats why i got scratches/swirls all over my car but ehh. thats my fault lol.

·
6,322 Posts
i dry my whole car with the absorber. i know youre supposed to pat dry but it takes too long for me. i drag it. i think thats why i got scratches/swirls all over my car but ehh. thats my fault lol.
It will take you much longer to remove the swirls. Just lay down the absorber. Run hands over it a little to speed up absorbtion.

Here is a great Swirl Remover that I've used. Best part is once your done applying and removing you can stop there since it contains a sealant for protection. It's not strong enough to remove normal scratches though.

http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=277

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
It will take you much longer to remove the swirls. Just lay down the absorber. Run hands over it a little to speed up absorbtion.

Here is a great Swirl Remover that I've used. Best part is once your done applying and removing you can stop there since it contains a sealant for protection. It's not strong enough to remove normal scratches though.

http://www.duragloss.com/product.asp?pid=277
hmm should i use one of those foam pads that come with like the megs waxes and apply by hand? ive been thinking of getting a porter cable buffer but dunno if i really need it yet. the car isnt THAT bad.

also how is that DG compared to megs ultimate compound?

·
6,322 Posts
Yep a foam pad for application is perfect. Havn't used the UC yet. I'm sure it has much more correction abilities than the DG. The DG SMR is prob more similiar to the Megs swirl remover.

BUT, since were talking about doing things by hand the DG has a HUGE advantage in that it already contains a sealant(an excellent one btw). So you can STOP there. Next time the car is washed apply some DG Aquawax to boost the protection even more.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yep a foam pad for application is perfect. Havn't used the UC yet. I'm sure it has much more correction abilities than the DG. The DG SMR is prob more similiar to the Megs swirl remover.

BUT, since were talking about doing things by hand the DG has a HUGE advantage in that it already contains a sealant(an excellent one btw). So you can STOP there. Next time the car is washed apply some DG Aquawax to boost the protection even more.
yea cause i already have a bottle of UC at home that i have not used on my car yet. and i did apply a layer of aquawax after doing a wash from all the snow/salt from the last snowstorm in NY. but now it got dirty again haha

·
Registered
533 Posts
So we all know that we like to wash our cars, so whats your favorite type of shamy??

I tried using a shamwow once but the fabric like spread all along my car and it was a horrible experience... share your stories or what your favorite shamy is!!!

:)
The Absorber works good for me.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Shamwow is garbage, the fabric runs on my car as well. Where do you buy a micro fiber towel?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Most automotive stores sell microfibers, ie auto zone, pep boys, strauss auto. They also sell the absorber and I've tried them all. The absorber is by far my favorite... Shamwow is pure trash for cleaning a car... notice in the commercials they kind of just throw in the fact that it can dry your car, then they're wiping down a boat smh... I bought a pack of 8 at pep boys and I have 7 unused shamwows lol...

·
Also available in sober.
499 Posts
A top quality microfiber cloth will make you throw rocks at a chamois. I use them exclusively.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts