Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
581 - 589 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, tire PSI is correct (spec 33PSI - I'm at 34PSI cold). AC yeah, probably. But that's a bigger dip in mpg than any of my prior cars (non-hybrid). Hopefully it will improve once the heat reduces.
Tire pressure makes a huge difference. My 2022 arrived from Honda at about about 38-39PSI and I left it that way. I'm averaging 5.0L/100KM. Others in this forum are pushing up to 45 PSI to get these crazy MPG ratings but i would not recommend going that high as it is right at the edge of the tire spec + it's an awful rough ride and you feel every bump like it's a pothole. I think you could probably go to 36-37 and be fine tho.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wanted to share my first trek of mostly highway speeds on my 2021 HAH EX. Travelled from New Haven county CT to Washington DC and back this past week. Myself, my wife and two adult kids (21y/o and 18y/o) plus 5 carry on luggage sizes in the trunk. Considerable CT traffic on the way down plus one accident in Maryland and on the return the usual 35 miles of stop and go from NYC to our home in CT.
On the way down we averaged about 44mpg and had AC on the whole time. On the return it was a bit better at about 47mpg also with AC in the whole time. I contribute the better fuel economy on the return due to the traffic in CT plus a lot of congestion in MD that kept us at speeds of about 50 mph for a 20 mile stretch.
Overall really happy with the drive. This car is so much superior to my wife’s 2014 Subaru Forester premium. Smoother and quieter ride and good acceleration when needed. Still really happy with this car. On a side note, I started some chrome delete on the trim last week and it really looks so much better without all that chrome. Who likes this stuff anyways? Lol. I’m 53 now and still feel like chrome was for my grandpa.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I want to share these 2 scenarios I had from my recent road trip that I enjoyed seeing.

(1) I drove for 25 miles and got 200 mpg! This was like 12 miles of only going down hill and the rest on flat and some few hills. Car did not stay in EV the whole time but each time it got EV, I had enough battery to let it coast and step on the gas rarely, but I had to drive slower than posted speed limit. But maximum speed here was 55mph, which I did get to 65mph top speed, let the car coast down hill.

(2) I drove 60 miles from Flagstaff, AZ to Cameron. 100% highway driving. Speed limit on this road is 65mph. I was doing 60 to 65 with a top speed of 75. But EVERY single car passed me up. But I was not worried since I was interested in seeing what mpg I got by the end of this drive. I did not use the ac at all. Terrain was mostly flat with some downhills and some few hills. I was very impressed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Over the last 12,060 miles (about 45% city and 55% highway) averaged 46.6mpg. I like to tease my son-in-law when I show him a pic of mpg right after I fill the tank and cruise home, mostly a downhill drive, ha!

2021 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
Speedometer Vehicle Gauge Odometer Car

·
Registered
112 Posts
(2) I drove 60 miles from Flagstaff, AZ to Cameron. 100% highway driving. Speed limit on this road is 65mph. I was doing 60 to 65 with a top speed of 75. But EVERY single car passed me up. But I was not worried since I was interested in seeing what mpg I got by the end of this drive. I did not use the ac at all. Terrain was mostly flat with some downhills and some few hills. I was very impressed.

The elevation drop between those two points is nearly 3000 feet. I wouldn't characterize that as mostly flat terrain.

581 - 589 of 589 Posts