Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had an issue on the passenger rear. Anyone else have this issue? 18k miles

Dealer took care of it but I still think it is strange.

·
Registered
18 Posts
wheel bearing

I had my right front go out. Making loud humming noise like a noisy tire. Service writer said that about 1 in 12 2013 Accords had a problem wheel bearing.........! If that is the case I am surprised that we haven't heard more about it........

·
Registered
209 Posts
i started hearing a bit of noise in my front end today that i think is a bearing. gonna bring it in soon to have it checked. ill update if it is a bearing. im at about 25000km

·
Registered
64 Posts
Right front here too. At about 9000 miles.

·
Registered
209 Posts
not a bearing on mine. weight fell off winter tire and it wasnt balanced

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had my drivers side front wheel bearing replaced at 12,000 miles under warranty. No issues since at 28,000 miles. 2013 EXL V6 here.

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Wow, you guys sound like the guys on the BMW forums.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Sorry but I thought the point of the forums was to exchange information on all issues, problems and likes and features of our cars.......I like my car better than any auto I have ever had in 40 years BUT it did have a bad wheel bearing that initially sounded like tire noise.......

·
Registered
4,699 Posts
Sorry but I thought the point of the forums was to exchange information on all issues, problems and likes and features of our cars.......I like my car better than any auto I have ever had in 40 years BUT it did have a bad wheel bearing that initially sounded like tire noise.......
Don't know if that was for me but my point is not about the posts but rather the problems BMW owners experience (you guys sound like them which is unexpected) with their cars which of course should be discussed. Another point is that these things shouldn't be happening on a new car, especially a Honda, that has better reliability than ANY German car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2013 Coupe EXL V6 and I had my driver side rear changed at 19k. Was terrible from 35-65mph. Also had to have right side radiator fan replaced for squeling. I believe there is a tech bulletin for 2013 Accord and Pilot.

·
I can't drive 55!
286 Posts
Just found this thread in a desperate attempt to figure out why my 2013 Accord Sport has a hum that's driving me nuts, mostly on the highway. I'm having to turn the radio up pretty loud to keep from hearing it. I didn't think with less than 7000 miles that a wheel bearing could be the cause. Guess I'll have to take it in to the dealer to have it checked. Those of you who had a bearing replaced, how long did they keep your car?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine was diagnosed and fixed in a couple of hours. I could feel something wasn't right in my steering and I could hear a slight grinding noise.

·
I can't drive 55!
286 Posts
As early as 4000 miles I began noticing a humming sound which made me think my tires were getting noisier. It kept getting louder over the next 3000 miles. I'm at 7600+ miles now and the hum is very noticeable at 75 to 80 mph. Using this video below, I found the driver side rear wheel bearing was the possible cause. Took my car to Honda service today and had them inspect the wheel bearings. Just as I had suspected, the wheel bearing needs replacing. Unfortunately, they didn't have it in stock. I'm bringing the car back on Friday morning. Really looking forward to getting the car back to the way it was when I first bought it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzB-V8CrSn8

·
Registered
73 Posts
MaX--- let us know which wheel was the troubled wheel.

Typically, the side that's going out, when you take a corner that shifts the vehicle weight to that side, the noise becomes louder and when you turn opposite the noise becomes lighter.

·
I can't drive 55!
286 Posts
Got back from the dealer a few hours ago. They replaced the left rear wheel hub/bearing. I'm now back to what my car sounded like when I first bought it. Total wait time was about 2 hours, arriving at 8 am this morning. Here's a copy of the invoice:

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2013 has the right front bearing noise. Dealer confirmed it and said it's not covered under the powertrain warranty. Many here have said otherwise. Any literature on how to get them to fix it? It has 55,000 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts