Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 Lx-p with around 62,000 miles that was producing a helicopter sound when driving on asphalt roads . It was noticeable above 30 mph. The acura dealership where I work diagnosed it as needing new wheel bearings in the front driver side. As a precaution, I had both fronts replaced. After the work was done, the noise has completely disappeared but now my steering wheel seems to have a different feel to it. It's kinda hard to describe but there just seems to be more road feel being transmitted through the steering wheel when the cars in motion. I can feel almost every road imperfection now. If im turning the steering while while in motion, It almost feels like there's a slight hint of play/wobbling being felt in the steering wheel. Now all of this started right after the repair so I don't think its a tire balancing issue. I know Im not loosing my mind cause I get to drive new cars everyday that doesn't have this issue. Any thought what the problem could be?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Funny that I saw this today. I actually just got my '09 LX this past weekend, same exact mileage yours has. Having the same kind of humming noise when car is in motion that you described. I chalked it up to the brand new tires, but now I'm worried I need to get the bearings checked out. How expensive was your bearing replacement?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Was that for both sides? That seems super-cheap.

(My '08 with 70k is making the dreaded wheel-bearing womp-womp-womp-womp sound...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts