Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, I got my front driver side wheel bearing replaced at a local shop near work. The guys there had been fighting with these lights for two days, after replacing the wheel bearing. They changed the bearing 3 times with no luck, using OEM parts. Should I take the car to the dealership at this point? Did this ever happened to anyone here..

2014 Honda Accord Sport - CVT

Thanks,
John

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,793 Posts
What are the code numbers they pulled from reading the OBDII port using a scan tool? Please post the code numbers.

·
BRWNFLSH now
7,400 Posts
They probably screwed something up with the speed sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are the code numbers they pulled from reading the OBDII port using a scan tool? Please post the code numbers.
I need to get a new OBDII reader because I keep on getting "no fault codes stored in ecu" using the Torque Pro app.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
A couple of things, the bearing has a magnetic side and a non magnetic side the magnetic side goes towards the sensor. That is the signal the sensor uses to report wheel speed. My guess is the wheel they replaced the bearing on is not reporting any pulses. A standard OBDII code reader will not read ABS codes. You need a scanner that can read ABS codes to see what the code is on the ABS system.

I suspect either a bad sensor or the wheel bearing is in backwards.

If the battery is weak you will see a very similar set of lights. Normally a couple of days of driving will charge the battery enough to clear those issues.

Check your battery and see if it is fully charged.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Dsclmr:DIY @ YourOwnRisks
1,192 Posts
Assuming it was the correct bearing, then either the bearing magnet orientation was incorrectly installed, or it's the speed sensor/cable is damaged or was not re-installed correctly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Guys,
I ended up taking the car to the dealership. They replaced the newly installed bearing, problem solved. I assumed the guys at the gas station didn't have a clue what was going on and wanted to start throwing parts at the problem.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hello Guys,
I ended up taking the car to the dealership. They replaced the newly installed bearing, problem solved. I assumed the guys at the gas station didn't have a clue what was going on and wanted to start throwing parts at the problem.

"They (dealer) replaced the newly installed bearing" as in put in a new bearing? How is that not "throwing parts at the problem"?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"They (dealer) replaced the newly installed bearing" as in put in a new bearing? How is that not "throwing parts at the problem"?
The Dealership mentioned that the only thing wrong with the car was the bearing, something happened to the magnetic strip during the prior installation and that the part needed to be replaced. I assumed the guys at the gas station didn't know what they were doing as they had the car for three days and wanted to replaced the whole bearing hub assembly. That's when I told them, I had enough and took the car to the dealership.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Glad it was resolved, I assume the dealership invoiced you as they normally would; how did you work out the payment with the gas station monkeys?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad it was resolved, I assume the dealership invoiced you as they normally would; how did you work out the payment with the gas station monkeys?
I'm still fighting for half of what I paid, I'm willing to pay for the labor only, not the parts thou..

·
2014 MSM V6 Touring Sedan
19 Posts
I replaced a rear bearing on mine with a cheap part from Amazon. As was said above, the mag strip wasn't talking to the computers and I got the Christmas Tree you are talking about. I finally bit the bullet and bought a hub from Honda to the tune of about $160 if I remember right, put that one in and had only driven about 30 feet before everything was talking to each other and all the lights went out on their own. No OBD2 reset needed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts