Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, i am undecided on whether to move forward with the new wheels i wanted. I wanted the whee/tire to be aligned with the fender as close as i could get it without poking out at all. The fitment is good,almost the way i want it but it does poke out slightly past the fender; and when i say slightly....not more than 1/4". I realize it barely pokes out but at the moment, I am undecided if i want to move forward. And I do like the rims.....

And i am aware of offset, etc.

Am I crazy and fitment is good....? Please let me know your thoughts. One of the photos is from the top so you can see the poke.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,577 Posts
Only you can decide if you like the look.

·
Registered
2019 2.0 EXL
135 Posts
What does "move forward" mean - actually buying them (if you haven't done so already) or leaving them installed or ? Hard to tell whether or not they will rub if/when you compress the suspension - try it by hand and then pick a couple of bumps/dips to drive over at different speeds. If there is rub, fender rolling might help alleviate or get rid...

·
Registered
193 Posts
So are you confused it sounds like you want to bring them in. If so and you said you know about offsets, then what's the issue. Or are you wanting people to say it looks nice. It's your choice but if you want to show the forum and ask if we like, then throw up some whole shits of the car

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only you can decide if you like the look.
I agree, ultimately it is my decision.......

What does "move forward" mean - actually buying them (if you haven't done so already) or leaving them installed or ? Hard to tell whether or not they will rub if/when you compress the suspension - try it by hand and then pick a couple of bumps/dips to drive over at different speeds. If there is rub, fender rolling might help alleviate or get rid...
So are you confused it sounds like you want to bring them in. If so and you said you know about offsets, then what's the issue. Or are you wanting people to say it looks nice. It's your choice but if you want to show the forum and ask if we like, then throw up some whole shits of the car
Thanks for the feedback. No, i would not say confused but more "undecided". I rolled the dice on the offset based on other examples from fitmentindustries.com as well as video from another 10th gen owner who had the same offset. It looked like the perfect fitment. I was willing to eat the cost of one rim if it did not work out but was hopeful based on what I had seen online. So, i did not purchase all 4 rims yet. And you called it, I would like it to be moved in just a tad, not even more than 1/4" so......was trying to decide if 1/4" would really make a difference. But as you said, it is a decision/choice that I need to make. My bad for pulling the forum in on this........

·
Registered
193 Posts
It would have probably been an easier question to ask what ET would pull in the rims 1/4". Seeing that you did what you did already. So my next question is you did this going off of someone elses setup. Do you have your car setup exactly like this person. The suspension, alignment and everything. The same size tires too. All that makes a bit of difference. So now that you see whatever your offset is that has them stick out, its almost safe to bet taking your offset in 5mm or so, that would get you closer to your flush look you want. I could give you more if i knew your rim size and actual ET also. Oh and before i forget, my .02 Cents on your current setup. I think it would look better with a decent drop. A set of coilovers to eat up the gap and it could pull that off nice.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Reactions: Samuelx
1 - 12 of 12 Posts