Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at a set of 2010 accord coupe rims, basically new. anyways, im planning on getting some wheel locks for them and was wondering is there different wheel locks or can i just get the OEM honda wheel locks from handa or elsewhere? where do you guys recommend looking for a set of locks for cheap? and i can reuse the lugs i have on now on my steelies right? ive looked at them and they seem like theyre made of plastic or something.. lol

also does anyone have a pic of the rims im looking for on a 7.5 gen? ive seen the coupe v6 rims on the 7.5 but dont think ive ever seen the i4 ones..

thanks guys

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,716 Posts
I wouldn't bother with the OEM wheel locks. IMO, they are terrible.... flawed design.

Get these. Cheaper than OEM and better made

·
whataaa?!?
178 Posts
yeah but some style never bothered anyone.
Would any aftermarket lugs fit in there?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm so the first link you gave would work on the oem rims? Cause I saw that aftermarket lugs doesn't fit oem, not sure if it's the same case for locks.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
12,716 Posts
The first locks have a ball seat which fits the OEM wheels perfectly.

If the after market lugs and locks don't have a ball seat, then it's either got a acorn/tapered seat or a mag seat. They're not recommended for OEM Honda and Acura wheels because they don't provide a snug fit. In other words, acorn or mag seat lugs/locks may come loose over time if used on OEM Honda or Acura wheels.

Now, I've never had any problems with my acorn locks on my OEM wheels, but I always check to make sure they're properly torqued too.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Good stuff! Looks like I'll be grabbing a set whenever I get some nice oem 17's. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts