Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to refinish my OEM 17” rims on my 2006 Sedan V6 sedan, automatic.

Does anyone have a suggestion on what color to use? I am struggling to land that. The rest I can handle.

Thanks!

·
Pilot without a plane
469 Posts
Might depend on the color of the car. Someone on here recently painted some rims gun metal color. I thought they looked great in the pics.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That’s the culprit. Worst of the four. The faces are machined, so I am not sure what to do there as that scratch/gouge will need to be filled. Might just have to refinish all four and paint them - give up on the machine finish. All four have some rash on them anyway. This is just the worst of them all. Just need to see what color works best...

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would agree. I did find a set of the 6spd V6 sedan rims for $100 for all four. The polished machined area needs to be sanded, but not filled. It’s the filling that then requires paint.

If I can get away with sanding/wet sanding those faces, I can then use aluminum polish to brings them back to their original shine.

For $100, I may just go this route and put some labor into them. Like the way they look, too!

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked the wheels up today. Can't believe how nice they are. The backs are almost new. The fronts are great on all but one. I wet sanded that one and it's 95% already. Will clean the rest up and put tires on them. Going to take the ones on the car, now, and work on polishing/sanding them and see if I can get my $ back. $100 well spent today! :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts