Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a basic 2009 Accord LX that I leased but now purchased. I want to upgrade the hubcaps to wheels but not sure what I can and should do.

I'd like to go bigger but also don't want to lower the car. Is this at all possible? Maybe to just 17s? It may be a stupid question but I'm just new to this whole thing and am not sure what would happen if I put on 18s w/o lowering it. Or even 17s.

Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
Welcome to the forum

I would put oem v6 coupe 18" rims on it.
I was going to do that at first but then lowered it so i whent with 20's

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so, it wouldn't make the car actually looked lifted by going to 18s? i thought of that too but then came my fear that there would be that huge gap between the tire and car and would make the car look raised.

also, is there a reason you recommend the coupe's 18s versus aftermarket 18s? any advantages? i will admit that i do like the oem look

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yeah, I was looking to go up to 18's with stock suspension. How would this look?

·
Registered
512 Posts
17s and 18s will be fine without a drop. Depending on the tire size, 19" wheels can work without a drop. I have 19s and they look great with the stock suspension.

I have an EX-L i4 but I don't think there's any ride height differences between the LX and EX.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
17s and 18s will be fine without a drop. Depending on the tire size, 19" wheels can work without a drop. I have 19s and they look great with the stock suspension.

I have an EX-L i4 but I don't think there's any ride height differences between the LX and EX.
Those are my favorite Honda HFP wheels by far. looking good :thmsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is a beautiful ride, thanks for sharing

also, i'm not that familiar with tires but is it true to go bigger rims requires low-profile tires?

i'm not sure if I'm going to go OEM 18's just because they are so dang expensive!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
If you want OEM wheels I would look for a used set. I wouldn't pay what Honda asks for 17s or 18s. The same money could buy nicer aftermarket wheels. 17s or 18s would look fine on stock suspension as long as you like the look of stock height coupes. If you go to 17s or 18s you need lower profile tires but not low profiles. You can run a 50 series on 17s or a 45 series on 18s without throwing off the speedometer because that is the profile on the OEM tires.

·
Registered
512 Posts
A virtual tire size calculator will help you visualize the change in tire size. Check here.

·
Registered
118 Posts
19 hfp

I've got a basic 2009 Accord LX that I leased but now purchased. I want to upgrade the hubcaps to wheels but not sure what I can and should do.

Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thanks
I had no problem with the 19 at stock height or with the car being dropped an inch or so.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts