Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, as some of you know from my last thread, I'm planning on doing some minor upgrades to my car.

(I have done about a full day of searching on the forum and the web with not much helpful info)

I'm thinking about some wheel spacers. The problems I'm having are: I don't know what style, size, where to buy them, AND how hard they are to do on this car. I would think the safest type would be spacers that have longer studs and not the type that just bolt on to the stock studs...

Can I get some help with the things above^.

A write up would be awesome as well.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To make the stance look better since the wheels are so tucked in. The suspension will be done later this year anyways. Also, I'm going to the 20mm tl-s sway bar and an inch on each side couldn't hurt.

·
‎']['{[]}{[]}][_
597 Posts
Try Ichibausa.com for wheel spacers. Although they are slightly more expensive than some other brands, they do have hubcentric wheel spacers. :thmsup:

I bought my spacers for the sole purpose of clearing my front BBK. I wasn't going to get front spacers without rears. Although, in hindsight, I should've gone with the 20mm rears but it didn't occur to me at the time that the rear wheel to wheel width was narrower than the front. Anyhow, for just stock wheels, the stance does look better with the wheelspacers. :yes:

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^Thanks. So I am ready to buy, money in hand... Do I get the version 1 or version 2 wheel spacers???

How hard is it to change the wheel studs? I would love a write up if there is one...

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I moved up to 225/45-17s if that changes the recommended spacers for front and rear...

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Get the version 2 Ichiba wheel spacers which have their own studs. Basically it's like changing a tire 4 times. You just take off the wheel, apply some loctite blue to your stock studs, bolt up the spacers and the put the wheel back on. And if you really want to make the wheels flush with the fenders then get 20mm for the front and 25mm for the back.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay so I don't need to replace my studs anyways? (65k miles) I was/am under the assumption wheel spacers put more stress on the studs.

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Okay so I don't need to replace my studs anyways? (65k miles) I was/am under the assumption wheel spacers put more stress on the studs.
Not with the version 2 spacers. With the original design you had to cut your studs for the spacers to fit, but the newer v2 spacers are hub-centric and include their own studs already bolted to the spacer. Your studs will be fine.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^I appreciate it.

Where is the best place to buy these things?

Also, there are mm dimensions like 114mm/5... What exactly do I need because I can't seem to find 03+ accords on their website.

·
‎']['{[]}{[]}][_
597 Posts
...Where is the best place to buy these things?...
Try Ichibausa.com for wheel spacers...
See my first reply to your post. Yes, I quoted myself.

I don't know of any other company or website that sells Ichiba type 2 hubcentric wheel spacers than the company itself. You're welcome to try Google though.

The wheel offset and lug pattern chart is at the very top of the Wheel & Tire section of this forum. Here's the link anywayz. http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=15096.

It's been quite a few years since I've ordered from the company but, if the company doesn't have your make and model listed on their website, obviously, use the lug pattern listed on the chart to make your order.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^I never looked there. I decided not to get them, the fatter tires helped the look and I would just rather have new rims when it is all said and done anyways. Thanks anyways though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts