Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating on purchasing these wheels Enkei GTC 01 but am not quite sure which wheel width and offset to go with.

I have 3 choices as follows:

Enkei GTC 01 18" x 7.5" - 5/114.3 - 48mm
Enkei GTC 01 18" x 8" - 5/114.3 - 45mm
Enkei GTC 01 18" x 8" - 5/114.3 - 48mm

Which would you choose and why?

·
Sugar coating for you ..
4,212 Posts
18x8 +45. I'd get wider if you could, wider the wheel, more rubber on the road. There isn't much difference between 48 and 45 .. only 3 mm which isn't much at all .. lower the offset, the more it'll be moved out of the fender. I'm sure 45 you'll still be tucked in a lot.

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
9,888 Posts
Rear will be slightly tucked in. Front should be flush with fender.

I'm running 8x8.5 +43 and the rear is flush, but the front is a little past the fender.

If you want the rear flush too, add some spacers.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Due to Wife 1.0 :D, not wanting to spend that type of money, we compromised on these.

Now for tires....

·
kevster.
129 Posts
The OEM wheels in 18x8 are a 45mm offset, so this will keep the tires inside the fenders. so if you do a 45 on a 7.5 inch wheel the same stands. 1/4 inch is not going to make that big of difference in width.

·
Also available in sober.
370 Posts
What wheel is that?

·
Also available in sober.
370 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Sorry for the stupid question... But what does "5/114.3 - 48mm" mean?

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
9,888 Posts
5x114.3 is the bolt pattern. The 5 means that there's 5 lugs. The 114.3 means that the PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) is 114.3 mm (4.5 inches).

The 48 refers to the offset of the wheel. In other words, the distance between the hub mounting surface and the centerline (middle) of the wheel is 48mm.

If you're thinking to yourself, "Huh?" A picture may help.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
5x114.3 is the bolt pattern. The 5 means that there's 5 lugs. The 114.3 means that the PCD (Pitch Circle Diameter) is 114.3 mm (4.5 inches).

The 48 refers to the offset of the wheel. In other words, the distance between the hub mounting surface and the centerline (middle) of the wheel is 48mm.

If you're thinking to yourself, "Huh?" A picture may help.

That's awesome! Really appeciate the info! and the "48" would this be a radius? confused as to the "hub mounting surface".

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
9,888 Posts
"48" would this be a radius? confused as to the "hub mounting surface".
48 is the distance, in millimeters, between the hub (the back of the wheel that mounts to the car) and the middle of the wheel.

If a wheel is 8 inches wide, the middle (centerline) is at 4 inches. If the 8 inch wheel has a +48mm offset, that means the hub is 48mm away from the centerline.

To confuse you some more, a wheel can have a positive and negative offset.

The picture of the wheel below, as an example, would have a positive offset.

Attachments

·
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A
9,888 Posts
A wheel with a negative offset would look like the one that's to the right in the 1st pic.

A wheel with a hub mounting surface that's to the right of the wheel center means it has a positive offset. The more to the right it is, the higher the offset. A wheel with a hub mounting surface that's to the left of the wheel center has a negative offset. The more to the left it is, the lower the offset

If the hub mounting surface is exactly in the middle where the center line is, it's got a 0 offset.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
How do you mount a negative offset? Haha I'm sure glad you've got some time on your hands. My lack of knowledge of the mechanics of vehicles can be quite frustrating.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I'm still confused as to what offset does. Sorry for the dumb questions, bear with me please!

·
kevster.
129 Posts
I stand corrected, took the oem wheel off my 2011 accord and it has 55 stamped on it, so I assume this is the offset, I was told it was 45.. so with my new wheels coming they are 18x8 and a 40 mm offset, I use the stock ride heighth so the tire will be flush with fender now, this moves tire/wheel out 15mm. should look ok. and give the car a wider stance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts