Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've started to get a slight wheel wobble at highway speeds, probably around 65 mph, and it gets worse as I go faster. It feels like braking on warped rotors, only not as violent.

Car was fine driving to the shop, wobble started after getting back on the highway. I suspect the tires *may* have been mounted backwards, would that cause it? They also look a tad flat, I'll be making sure they're up to the proper pressures today.

It's 32 front, 30 psi rear, correct? 2003 4cyl sedan.

Could this be anything else?

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Sometimes once tires have been going one direction for awhile they "get use" to it and don't like going the other way. Have them switch the fronts side to side (left to the right side and right to the left side) and see if that fixes it.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
Sounds like the shop screwed up. Take it back and make them fix it. You shouldn't have a wobble unless they made a mistake.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
It's possible that the rear tires might have already had balance or other warpage issues then got moved the front. Very difficult to feel anything in the rear, but move it to the front and it's a different ball game. Just a possibility.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's possible that the rear tires might have already had balance or other warpage issues then got moved the front. Very difficult to feel anything in the rear, but move it to the front and it's a different ball game. Just a possibility.
I agree. 32/30 is way too low if you ask me. I run my around 36 front & rear.

·
No longer active
702 Posts
My car's door jam sticker says to fill to 32 front 30 rear.
I run 34 all around, but 32f 30r isn't too low - it's correct.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Door sticker says recommended for all purpose, its THE compromise.

You could bump the PSI a bit and it could make things better.

I suggest they installed the tires fast, all possibilities mentionned here are good... just go back and tell them its vibrating at 65 and it wasnt before.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup it looks like I'll be making a trip back into the shop sometime this weekend, hopefully it's something small like loose nuts or the like.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sent an email to the tech that worked on the car, he suggested that one of the rear tires might've been out of balance, and now I can feel it because they're in front. Is this plausible? I'm still going to check the nuts, but I doubt that's the issue, they used an impact wrench on them.

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Sent an email to the tech that worked on the car, he suggested that one of the rear tires might've been out of balance, and now I can feel it because they're in front. Is this plausible?
Basically what I said/described...

Sometimes once tires have been going one direction for awhile they "get use" to it and don't like going the other way. Have them switch the fronts side to side (left to the right side and right to the left side) and see if that fixes it.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reading > Me. Thanks for that, I'll be bringing it in sometime next week.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts