Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so I have had my i4 '08 coupe for about 2 months now and the car came on a heavy set of steel 20s. The car would, at high speeds and deceleration, wobble pretty bad in the front end...felt like I was fighting my freakin steering wheel.

I sold the 20s and bought a set of 2006 17x8 acura tl rims and 245/45 blizzaks (p.s. this set up has been owning the snow) This definitely helped the wobble I had grown to dread about driving my car. HOWEVER! it did not fix it!!

What is my course of action from here? Since I have the i4 and its slow its just my gas saver and looks car. I intend to upgrade the brakes (slotted rotors, ceramic pads only. not doing calipers) Could my rotors just simply be warped from the extra weight of the steel 20s? And if so I could understand the wobble while braking but not at just high speeds (65 and above) ? I also intend on throwing a set of megan ez street coilovers on this spring...should I replace control arms and ball joints? maybe the ball joints are smashed a lil from the 20s..?

All info will help...can...not..stand..this..shaking..anymore! :headbash:

Panther

·
"Old School" Shifter
380 Posts
Take it to a good tire- front end shop. It probably needs an alignment so they will check out the rest. I would be prepared to spend some money. If you are new to the area check with some co-workers for places in the area. Good luck...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My buddy works at tire discounters and I have had a front end alignment and it didn't really help...now it just wobbles in a straighter line lol but he wasn't there at the time and I didn't get any info on ball joints or warped rotors because at the time I had assumed all it needed was an alignment.

I am prepared to spend around 1500-2000 on suspension, brakes, sway arms, etc.. not trying to make a fast car so not concerned about spending the money to make it look better, stop faster and grip the road a lil more :)

Also, I have lived in this area my whole life. I know of a few "tuner" shops..however.. I have no intention on taking my car to a shop for brakes, coilovers, or ball joints. just the alignments and stuff afterward.

What brake pads and rotors do you guys recommend? I was like at ebc redstuff pads and usr slotted rotors..any reviews?

Pretty set on the megan ez street coilovers. but do you have any recommendations for control arms and ball joints that arents oem?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts