Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
What kind of rims and tires you runnig becuase im in 1.5 drop and hae 18 rims 225/40/18 and sill have a pretty big wheel gap u?
I'd like to see a pic cause I've got 18's with 235 45 on them, and looking to lower it soon.

·
Grey Stanced Accord Coupe
66 Posts
Stanced grey accord on 19's

If you meant road debris, then go around it it, there are no bumps in highways.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Just drive better. In the event of a bump (as opposed to pothole) the wheel will rebound into the wheel well less than stock. You also have a fair amount of vertical travel above the fender arch and on the highway your wheels will be straight +/- a few degrees. At this height most of your rubbing or scraping will happen on inclines at low speeds.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just drive better. In the event of a bump (as opposed to pothole) the wheel will rebound into the wheel well less than stock. You also have a fair amount of vertical travel above the fender arch and on the highway your wheels will be straight +/- a few degrees. At this height most of your rubbing or scraping will happen on inclines at low speeds.
This... I have 1.5 finger gap on 19's and was worried about the bumps on my highways too. Doom is absolutely right, I've had no issues with bumps at 70-80mph. It's when I'm exiting gas stations or parking lots that I scrap the front bumper and it's always at low speeds.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This... I have 1.5 finger gap on 19's and was worried about the bumps on my highways too. Doom is absolutely right, I've had no issues with bumps at 70-80mph. It's when I'm exiting gas stations or parking lots that I scrap the front bumper and it's always at low speeds.
Can i get a picture and hoe much u lowered rhen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts