Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! Im new to this forum, just put in the order for a coupe v6, cant wait.

I was just wondering since this is my first brand spankin new car, when did you guys first washed/wax the car? I want to keep the finish as nice as possible. And FYI this will be a black coupe that i park in the streets so swirls are inevitable :thumbsdow

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,917 Posts
I've machine polished every new car since 1996 the day I got it home then applied a durable sealant. Factory paint is baked on so you can wash/wax/whatever as soon as you get it.

·
Stuck in 5th Gear
759 Posts
Wasn’t this a problem back in the day? My father told me that back in the 60’s-70’s you weren’t supposed to wash or wax your car for like 6 months or something (on a new car) IDK :scratch:

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
My car sat at the dealership 6 months before I bought it. So it's been pressure washed 1,000 times with a dirty rag before I got it home, not counting the wash they did for pre-delivery.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Wasn’t this a problem back in the day? My father told me that back in the 60’s-70’s you weren’t supposed to wash or wax your car for like 6 months or something (on a new car) IDK :scratch:
I don't know when, but yeah, my dad probably said that too.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hey guys! Im new to this forum, just put in the order for a coupe v6, cant wait.

I was just wondering since this is my first brand spankin new car, when did you guys first washed/wax the car? I want to keep the finish as nice as possible. And FYI this will be a black coupe that i park in the streets so swirls are inevitable :thumbsdow
It is safe to wash it when ever you want. Since it is a new car & black, I would recomend hand washing & drying.

I wait 6 mos to wax a new paint job. When you get your car look at the manufacture date to see how 'old' the car/paint are.

·
Old Bird...sometimes wise
13,917 Posts
It is safe to wash it when ever you want. Since it is a new car & black, I would recomend hand washing & drying.

I wait 6 mos to wax a new paint job. When you get your car look at the manufacture date to see how 'old' the car/paint are.
Absolutely unfounded and totally ridiculous. As previously mentioned new cars have baked paint. If your car has been repainted that is a whole different story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts