Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe my perception is off here but all I seem to read are posts by Sport and EX owners (and mostly Sport models at that).

I had figured that the majority of buyers would opt for the LX CVT - are my numbers out or are LX owners just the shy retiring type who don't care for posting?

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I had figured that the majority of buyers would opt for the LX CVT
why's that?

Sport model has some good bang for the bucks

·
Rhymes with **** & Quick
1,314 Posts
That's just reflective of the demographics of this board. People who buy Sport are much more likely to be on an Internet forum than those who own LX. Read between the lines.

But seriously, didn't someone here post a breakdown of Accord sales by trim?

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts

·
Crosseyed and Gearless
298 Posts
Maybe my perception is off here but all I seem to read are posts by Sport and EX owners (and mostly Sport models at that).

I had figured that the majority of buyers would opt for the LX CVT - are my numbers out or are LX owners just the shy retiring type who don't care for posting?
LX owners buy the car for basic transportation, they know it's a reliable car but nothing really to brag about, or go ape with mod's and stuff, so not much reason to visit a forum where people are doing that kind of stuff. Personally I just come here for the entertainment of seeing people go ape over a "sport" model Accord, kind of an oxymoron if you ask me!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree with everyone else. The LX is a basic needs transportation vehicle. If you buy an LX chances are you don't give a damn about HIDs, spoilers, wheels, etc....this type of stuff is what these forums are about. Most people here are Sport, EX-L V6, or Coupe owners, because those vehicles stir a bit more emotion.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Most people here are Sport, EX-L V6, or Coupe owners, because those vehicles stir a bit more emotion.
that broke my heart :'(

·
Registered
330 Posts
I agree with everyone else. The LX is a basic needs transportation vehicle. If you buy an LX chances are you don't give a damn about HIDs, spoilers, wheels, etc....this type of stuff is what these forums are about. Most people here are Sport, EX-L V6, or Coupe owners, because those vehicles stir a bit more emotion.

Summed up my dad's opinions towards cars in a single post. That is why he has a LX lol

·
Registered
901 Posts
that broke my heart :'(
That's because Touring owners are older demographic, loyal Honda buyers that walk into a dealership and just say "gimme the works" and have no interest in modding their cars:notworthy.:thmsup:

You want to see passion and emotion for a vehicle with more mods you could possibly imagine check out wrangler forum, jeep forum etc, etc...Those guys are nuckin futz!:nuts:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
No hearts were intended to be broken in the previous post. This is not unique to the Accord forum. I'm on a Chevy Silverado forum as well and there are few members that have the basic "work truck " package on there. Just sayin'.....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
look at my sig, I do not have the basic 'work truck'

that is what 'not really' broke my heart

·
Registered
20 Posts
When I went to the Honda dealer last month, I was intending to
get the LX. There was no white LX with black interior, only the sport.
I did test drive both of them. The sport won with the power driver
seat, the colors I wanted and a sharper exterior..If I had bought the
LX, I still would be posting here. I wonder where they are all at.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have an LX but was going into the dealership with the intention of buying a sport back in March but the Sports were selling like hotcakes... Dealership couldn't promise a sport would come within 2 months :(

I have HID's, LED DRL, blue LED's in the footwells, and changed out all the other basic lights to LED's as well...

·
Registered
842 Posts
:wave:

I bought an LX and am happy with it. I am tinkering with it a little bit, but I won't be going crazy. I almost went for the Sport, but decided I didn't want 18s or the wider turning radius (I live in a neighborhood where you have to make lots of u-turns). I might put 17s on at some point, but probably not until it comes time to buy new tires.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts