Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so a while back i did 3 d&f's with redlind D4 trans fluid had been good still red no discoloration, just got off work about ten mins ago and wanted to check it for the hell of it and its only like a 1/4 inch on the dipstick wtf ? im pretty sure its not burning fluid and i know its not leaking out help me im freaking out and yes i do have a B7XA trans V6... im fearing the worst that its going to die soon and i got a quote for 3k to get it fixed f that

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Did you check it after the car was warmed up properly? The car needs to be at operating temperature to check it. Depending on your location, a 10 minute drive (or less) may not be enough to get the trans warmed up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea that's what I was thinking from work to home is like a 2 min drive time for me to get some sleep right now ill check it when I wake up , o and I'm. In illinois its pretty cold out

·
Premium Member
5,552 Posts
Yea that's what I was thinking from work to home is like a 2 min drive time for me to get some sleep right now ill check it when I wake up , o and I'm. In illinois its pretty cold out
Drive it for 20 minutes or so and then check it. make sure it shifts through the gears...i.e. don't just drive it on the highway. :thmsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a similar problem. Turns out it was a hose that leaked under pressure. Starting slipping badly. Might not be the problem but check anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts