Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you guys buy your air filter and how much does it cost?

I can't seem to find fram air filter for it at walmart at all.

2013 Honda accord 4dr ex.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Amazon sells several brands for Generation 9 Accords. For example the 2.4L engine air filter by WIX is a 49750 and is on sale for $19.53 plus shipping. The WIX cabin filter is a 24815 and sells for $15.69. If you search Amazon you will also find Honda filters, Fram filters, etc.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
5,294 Posts
Rockauto.com. Best filter prices going.

Jay

Reactions: trickbiker121

·
Registered
481 Posts
Amazon any auto parts store

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wix/Napa Gold or K&N

Wix 49750 or Napa Gold 9750 (4 cyl)
from $13 + shipping to $20 @ Amazon to $24 at auto parts stores
Discount Fleet Supply - Heavy Duty Fleet Products - Buy Online! - www.DiscountFleetSupply.com
FleetFilter Secure Store - Wix, Fram, Luber-Finer, Baldwin
also good prices on oil filters and cabin air filters

K&N AIR FILTER 33-2498 (4 cyl)
Seems like it's price-fixed at $52 w/shipping no matter where you shop. Do the math!
Some difference of opinion on these, but probably more theoretical than practical.
Reusable; good for 50,000 miles before first cleaning.
I use this in my car.

·
Registered
262 Posts
K&N AIR FILTER 33-2498 (4 cyl)
Seems like it's price-fixed at $52 w/shipping no matter where you shop. Do the math!
Some difference of opinion on these, but probably more theoretical than practical.
Reusable; good for 50,000 miles before first cleaning.
I use this in my car.
The difference of opinion centers around the fact that K&N filters pass significantly more dirt particles than your average paper filter. The theory centers around whether the additional debris materially reduces engine life. I suppose the answer depends on how dusty your environment is and how many miles you expect out of your engine. There's also the cost of the cleaning kit, and the time and trouble to clean and dry the filter to consider.

Personally, I came to the conclusion that replaceable paper filters were the better choice for me and the K&N filters I owned went in the trash. For those who want more details, bitog.com has all of the info you'll need to make an informed decision.

Doing the math, five Wix filters shipped to my house from Fleet Filter is less than $80, which is less than a K&N filter and cleaning kit. If I change my filter every 40k miles, they'll cover me until the car has nearly a quarter million miles. That plus superior filtration and convenience makes replaceable filters the better deal.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Doing the math, five Wix filters shipped to my house from Fleet Filter is less than $80, which is less than a K&N filter and cleaning kit. If I change my filter every 40k miles, they'll cover me until the car has nearly a quarter million miles. That plus superior filtration and convenience makes replaceable filters the better deal.
40k is a lot on a filter...

I'll take a $40 k&n and a cleaning kit that I already have (what "car guy" doesn't have a k&n kit in 2015?) and save money after a few filter changes...

·
Registered
262 Posts
40k is nothing on an air filter. Most folks, including me, change their air filters far too frequently. I confirmed that for myself after I installed a restriction gauge on my airbox. Based on what the restriction gauge indicated I could probably use my filters for 80k or more miles with complete safety. Also, my cleaning kit followed the K&N filters into the trash.

Here's just one article I dug up on bitog.com which I think clearly shows why you don't want a K&N filter protecting any motor you even remotely care about: Duramax Air Filter Testing * - Diesel Bombers

From the aforementioned article:

"Compared to the AC, the K&N “plugged up” nearly 3 times faster, passed 18 times more dirt and captured 37% less dirt. See the data tables for a complete summary of these comparisons."

Not exactly a confidence inspiring endorsement.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Were those hard questions?

where to buy Air filter and cost

1 - 12 of 12 Posts