Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
431 Posts

· Registered
833 Posts
I am wondering where to buy this inspire trunk conversion. I am wondering also if you need the whole entire trunk or if you just need the middle parts. I am not sure.

Let me know cost and whats involved. Thanks!
The original kit cost more than $450 plus shipping from Japan but you get what you needed. You just need to swap the license palte garnish, not the entire trunk.

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=46107

The one on ebay is fake and unpainted so you will need to buy more sponge tape, clips and get it painted.

· LV2XLR8
183 Posts
Can you buy just the lights and swap out the reflectors on the 2011's?
They have a completely different look than the JDM Inspire tails. The North American version looks look one block of red while the Inspire one has separations in the inside housing. Also, the N/A version has this nasty looking metal strip on the bottom of the tails :thumbsdow

· 4 door Coupe
984 Posts
thats basically it, the "license plate garnish" has the cutouts for the lights. no need for the whole trunk, the garnish is just a "skin" so to speak. it depends on your skill with cutting and wiring- that determines how hard it will be.

· Registered
833 Posts
They have a completely different look than the JDM Inspire tails. The North American version looks look one block of red while the Inspire one has separations in the inside housing. Also, the N/A version has this nasty looking metal strip on the bottom of the tails :thumbsdow
For the record, the 2011 JDM Inspire rear trunk garnish has the CHROME STRIP too at the bottom.

It's not about the appearance that makes the JDM inspire trunk different from the 2011 USDM accord. The fact is the reflectors are so different in size, the USDM version is so much longer. It's all because the USDM has licence plate garnish to fit US license plate while the JDM version has larger area to hang the licence plate for both JDM and EDM market.

So the reflectors are longer on 2011 USDM to reach the smaller license plate garnish area.

The reflectors on 2008~2011 JDM Inspire are shorter because the license plate area is larger and longer.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.