Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rockstar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm about to buy the deck lid spoiler on the honda majestic site. It's only about 95 dollars but it doesn't come with any screws/bolts, templates, or even the tape. Is there anywhere I can get the necessary bolts/screws or even the high strength tape? I don't want to buy the deck lid spoiler until I know for sure I can get the bolts as I would prefer that over the tape. Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Hey all, I'm about to buy the deck lid spoiler on the honda majestic site. It's only about 95 dollars but it doesn't come with any screws/bolts, templates, or even the tape. Is there anywhere I can get the necessary bolts/screws or even the high strength tape? I don't want to buy the deck lid spoiler until I know for sure I can get the bolts as I would prefer that over the tape. Thanks fellas!
Your local Honda dealer, any of the online Honda dealers' parts department, or a hardware store.

·
Rockstar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your local Honda dealer, any of the online Honda dealers' parts department, or a hardware store.

So i called my honda dealer and they had trouble finding the bolts/washers because she said the deck lid is only for sedans.

So basically if i go to a hardware store or buy the bolts online, what size and number of bolts should i purhase? Does it matter what kind?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So i called my honda dealer and they had trouble finding the bolts/washers because she said the deck lid is only for sedans.

So basically if i go to a hardware store or buy the bolts online, what size and number of bolts should i purhase? Does it matter what kind?
I'm not sure if you have a sedan or coupe but the spoilers are definitly different. I have a '08 sedan and a '10 Coupe and they are nothing alike.

I was interested in the deck lid spoiler for the coupe, but it appears to come from the factory on only the EXL V6 or something like that. Majestic Honda is right around the corner from where is live, so i went there and talked to the parts manager. He said that there is no template to drill the holes because the deck lid spoiler was not for my model. If you check out the part numbers from the trunk on the EXL V6 and LXS (my coupe), they are actually different since one comes with the holes pre-drilled.

I haven't given up, but have had little luck figuring out how i can make it work.

Hope this info helps you.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Judging from the price as $95, I guess you are talking about the coupe spoiler.

If so, you can just simply attach it with 3M tape from Home Depot. It's very easy to do and you don't need bolts to mount it. I'd have gone that route too if the clips and bolts on sedan are optional like the coupe deck lid spoiler.

·
Rockstar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Judging from the price as $95, I guess you are talking about the coupe spoiler.

If so, you can just simply attach it with 3M tape from Home Depot. It's very easy to do and you don't need bolts to mount it. I'd have gone that route too if the clips and bolts on sedan are optional like the coupe deck lid spoiler.
yeah it's a coupe deck lid spoiler; that tiny one that is literally a sliver of plastic that attaches to the trunk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts