Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just reading the door sticker on my new 2011 coupe and it said the manufacturer was honda of america. is there a way to tell where it was actually built? thanks!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
i was just reading the door sticker on my new 2011 coupe and it said the manufacturer was honda of america. is there a way to tell where it was actually built? thanks!
all the 8g coupes were/are built in the Marysville, OH plant. Unless something changed for 2011...

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts
Look at the window sticker too. It will tell you final assembly, parts content and where the major components are from.

·
Luv My Honda
89 Posts

My 2010 Accord Sedan was made in the U.S of A. made by American workers baby.... One thing though, I heard that Japanese made Hondas built in Japan that are imported to the US are better put together then their American built counterparts... So far my Honda's been phenomenal no issues.

·
Banned
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, all. mine said 80% made in america. stupid me, i thought they were all made in japan. glad i could buy american. none of the big 3 had a fwd coupe. it's nice someone is thinking about my demographic.

·
Low Gear
2,935 Posts

·
Motor City
707 Posts
thanks, all. mine said 80% made in america. stupid me, i thought they were all made in japan. glad i could buy american. none of the big 3 had a fwd coupe. it's nice someone is thinking about my demographic.
When I was at the dealership couple weeks ago to buy the accord. I looked around for awhile the 8th Gen ones that are made 100% in Japan are the hybrid models, both engine and transmission.

·
Registered
62 Posts
your vin number tells you the car was made in America. "1" is america, "J" is japan. My 97 accord was made in japan. Definitely a better quality car when it's put together in japan.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
When I was at the dealership couple weeks ago to buy the accord. I looked around for awhile the 8th Gen ones that are made 100% in Japan are the hybrid models, both engine and transmission.
There are no hybrid 8th gens, you might be thinking of 7th gen.

your vin number tells you the car was made in America. "1" is america, "J" is japan. My 97 accord was made in japan. Definitely a better quality car when it's put together in japan.
What makes you say that? If you're basing it off your Accord it is 14 model years old and things have changed. 8th gen J VIN Accords have the same issues as 1 VIN ones.

·
Registered
665 Posts
If the manufacturer was Honda of America, than the car was definitely built at a US plant. The Accord (save for the Crosstour) is manufactured at two plants: Marysville, OH, and Lincoln, Alabama. Lincoln only builds V6 Sedans. Given that yours is a coupe, it is most definitely from Marysville, OH.

·
Registered
833 Posts
There are no hybrid 8th gens, you might be thinking of 7th gen.

What makes you say that? If you're basing it off your Accord it is 14 model years old and things have changed. 8th gen J VIN Accords have the same issues as 1 VIN ones.
I hope it does, but from my experience when I was driving 2000 Civic I definitely vote for Japanese counterparts has better quality and built. Atleast the interiors garnish are made from better and thicker plastic. The feel and textures on JDM parts are softer and durable. USDM parts seems made from recycled plastic. Also, the JDM counterparts has different body parts panel line standard and each panel is lined up much better and flushed than USDM.

·
Honda Nation
2,184 Posts
The Japanese and American built Accords both have the exact same pieces parts, just assembly plants differ..... hence they do not have any difference in quality of craftsmanship. I will attest that my 2009 Accord coupe built in Marysville, Ohio, USA is just as solid and precisely put together as my 2000 Prelude was (which was built in Syamarna, Saitiamma Province, Japan).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not sure about the Japanese accord, but my american made honda in terms of interior quality and finish left a little to be desired.

My vehicle: 08 Accord Sedan V6 A/T (non nav)

Examples:

1. Take a look at the door seal on the car for the rear doors, mine was not installed correctly and there was a gap between the seal and the pillar between the front and rear door.

2. Take a look at the rear seat upper half, the way it was bolted down to the hinge wasn't correct on one side, the hinge did not securely attach to the seat.

3. Front glove box misaligned... probably on all accords

4. Rear Deck vibrations...

5. Rear brakes...

6. Leather seats peeling...

That's all that I found so far, but my 97 accord didn't have THIS many problems, but it didn't have this many features either.

In terms of what is important to me, I am happy the engine and transmission are on point at least at 49,000 miles, so I can live with it.

·
Super Moderator
10,064 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
If the manufacturer was Honda of America, than the car was definitely built at a US plant. The Accord (save for the Crosstour) is manufactured at two plants: Marysville, OH, and Lincoln, Alabama. Lincoln only builds V6 Sedans. Given that yours is a coupe, it is most definitely from Marysville, OH.
:thmsup:

Actually there are more than two Honda plants in the US. There are two in Ohio: East Liberty where the Element, CR-V, & Accord Crosstour are made. Marysville where the Accord Sedan & Coupe, Acura TL, Acura RDX, & maybe one more, I can't remember, are made. Greensburg, IN (Thanks for the correction krazyfiend) is where the Civic is made, and finally, Lincoln, AL makes the Pilot, Odyssey, Ridgeline, & some Accord V6 sedans.

Not sure about the Japanese accord, but my american made honda in terms of interior quality and finish left a little to be desired.

Examples:

1. Take a look at the door seal on the car for the rear doors, mine was not installed correctly and there was a gap between the seal and the pillar between the front and rear door.

2. Take a look at the rear seat upper half, the way it was bolted down to the hinge wasn't correct on one side, the hinge did not securely attach to the seat.

5. Rear brakes...

That's all that I found so far, but my 97 accord didn't have THIS many problems, but it didn't have this many features either.

In terms of what is important to me, I am happy the engine and transmission are on point at least at 49,000 miles, so I can live with it.
The more features you have, the more problems you are likely to have. Plus, cars are trying to become more environmentally friendly, lighter weight, and still have all the features customers want. Customers are beginning to ask more and more from car manufactures. The key thing here in my opinion is that you vehicles is running and isn't giving you any FUNCTIONAL problems. I love my Accord too and have found some similar issues, but overall I am still impressed with the vehicle. :)

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Greensburough, IN is where the Civic is made...

Almost! :) Greensburg, IN :thmsup:

A few of my friends call it their hometown and I pass by the Honda plant on my way to Cincy when headed to Red's games. It's an impressive plant, I've gone on a manufacturing tour via grad course work I was taking through Purdue.

·
Motor City
707 Posts
The Japanese and American built Accords both have the exact same pieces parts, just assembly plants differ..... hence they do not have any difference in quality of craftsmanship. I will attest that my 2009 Accord coupe built in Marysville, Ohio, USA is just as solid and precisely put together as my 2000 Prelude was (which was built in Syamarna, Saitiamma Province, Japan).
Agree & Disagree at the same time. I feel like in Japan they have nothing to look forward to when their day ends so they just work lol but here in the USA everyones in a hurry to get out when its close to punch-out time, so they stop giving a crap :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
399 Posts

Examples:

5. Rear brakes...

Yes and no. The 8G accords are poorly built car in the first place in term of quality. Honda cut a lot of corner when building the accord. Take a look at the 8G civic. They were build in Canada and USA. The build quality on the honda civic is far much more superior than the accord.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts