Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i got mixed up, Which engine do i have? is it a J35Y1 or a J35Y2? Its a 2015 Honda Crosstour V6 with a 6 Speed Automatic Transmission, i believe Y1 is Automatic and Y2 is Manual Right? so i have a SOHC J35Y1 Earthdreams I-VTEC Engine With VCM?

V6 Supremacist 馃槑
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
Correct. Manual transmissions have never been given VCM engines. Every time Honda has had a V6 and a manual, it has been non-VCM. Automatics get VCM.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is it still IVTEC or is it just VTEC
Correct. Manual transmissions have never been given VCM engines. Every time Honda has had a V6 and a manual, it has been non-VCM. Automatics get VCM.
so Honda just goes back and fourth between 1 and 2 for vcm vs non vcm? my 2012 accord is a J35Z2 since the Z1 is the manual, but here my crosstour is a Y1 and the Y2 is Manual?

V6 Supremacist 馃槑
Victus - 2012 Honda Accord (EX-L V6)
is it still IVTEC or is it just VTEC

so Honda just goes back and fourth between 1 and 2 for vcm vs non vcm? my 2012 accord is a J35Z2 since the Z1 is the manual, but here my crosstour is a Y1 and the Y2 is Manual?
The manual V6s in the 8th gen had the Z3, not the Z1. The Z1 has VCM and was used on the 06-08 Pilot.

The numbers don't have anything to do with the type of engine. It's just a revision number. The newer the engine, the higher the number. Which is why the new Pilot engine is the J35Z8.

The J35Y1 was the first J35Y engine, so it gets the 1 tag.

The Y1 is still i-VTEC, but unlike the Z1 and Z2, it does at least have standard VTEC on the front bank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts