Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Which Struts/Shocks to get? FCS or Monroe quickstruts?

12K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  AXMacD 
#1 ·
Anyone use FCS or Monroe quickstruts on their 9th gen? Any issues? Need to replace all and rather not use stock. Coil overs not worth it as I don't need to lower.

#6 ·
Do a search on Monroe. Most members have a strong dislike for them. They are cheap, as Darkart said. You get what you pay for ...

#9 ·
I've replaced them on all 3 Accords I've owned, as have many other members. Do a search.

#11 ·
I've owned three Accords, an '86 for 20 years, another is an '04 which is still going, and the '14 have now. Never changed a strut or shock. Never had a leak or squeak. Until I saw this, I never heard of anyone replacing them. And I prefer the firm Honda ride and handling vs Toyota and domestic cars. In fact, handling is a big reason I prefer the Accord to any car in its class and like it as well as Beemers that I've driven.

Still curious, what is wrong with the OP's car? Leak or squeak?

#12 ·
I would use OEM Honda!! Monroe are nice but don't last long, 50,000 mi is all you'll get. KYB have always given a harsh ride through out their life of about 75,000mi. Too bad we can't get Bielstien (check my spelling). They are one of the nicest riding Ive ever had.

#13 ·
I was going to ask about this myself.
Where I got my tires mounted dude said it's recommended @80k, which I never heard of before.

Right now I have 105k on my 13 Accord and just changed Inner/outter tie rods on both sides.
Next up is timing belt etc come spring time.

#14 ·
NOT Monroe, I put them on my Civic and like clockwork every 10,000 KM they started making noises. Although they were covered, the labor costs started adding up. I put a set of KYB’s on my Acura RDX and they were great. My Accord will be getting those when the time comes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.