Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

Which wheels? What size tires for 18x9.5 +35? Share your opinion

5K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  darkman1972 
#1 ·
I have an Accord EXL 2.0T, all stock. I am thinking about replacing my stock wheels with some Rotiform KPS R139, 18x9.5 +35. My question is what size tires do i need/should go with? And I do not want the tires to poke out past the fenders at all. And not necessarily trying to WIDE...

I would prefer to stay as close to stock as I can. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

#3 · (Edited)
I run a 255/40 on my 9.5" wide wheel and I believe the tire is perfectly fitted, could even go with a 265 and not be too overly beefy in my opinion.

Check out this article and give it a good read!

#4 ·
Thank you for the tire calculator. This is helpful....

I am currently considering the following rims for my 2020 Black Accord EXL 2.0T. I know the rims are very similar, which makes it tough for me to decide. Let me know which ones you think i should go with out of the the two.

Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Tire Wheel
Alloy wheel Rim Spoke Wheel Tire

#5 ·
Here is something you can try that sometimes helps - grab a coin and assign one of the wheels as heads and the other one as tails, flip it and note your immediate reaction upon the reveal - you might feel happy/relieved (because that's the one you really wanted) or you might want to flip it again for 2 out of 3.. :D

#7 ·
HA! I will give it a try.........

I have the black Sparco Podio on a white Accord. Sometimes I kinda wish I went gunmetal or silver. Black wheels can get a bit lost even on a white car. My wife loves the look though and we all know we hook up the ride for the babes. All kidding aside, take a look at my wheels (they look like the ESR) on my car and it will let you know how committed you are to go black wheels on a black car. Its a very strong agressive look and there's no getting around that. Some end up thinking its a bit much. And i favor the ESR if that wasn't clear. A bit biased obviously.
I googled your rims and they are nice; very similar to what I am looking at. Do you have any regrets about going with black rims? My wife is also liking the look of black wheels. I don't see any black on black where i live and sorta wanting to do something different and i do like the all black look. I think. :)

#6 ·
I have the black Sparco Podio on a white Accord. Sometimes I kinda wish I went gunmetal or silver. Black wheels can get a bit lost even on a white car. My wife loves the look though and we all know we hook up the ride for the babes. All kidding aside, take a look at my wheels (they look like the ESR) on my car and it will let you know how committed you are to go black wheels on a black car. Its a very strong agressive look and there's no getting around that. Some end up thinking its a bit much. And i favor the ESR if that wasn't clear. A bit biased obviously.

#8 ·
I don't regret it. I think its more of "wish I could have multiple sets of wheels." I am building my car based off of Fahrenheit on youtube. Loved the look of black wheels on his white sport. And he plastidips his wheels for fun all the time so there's always that option. Personally when I see black wheels on a black car in person, I always stare cause its such a cool look to me. People say its been done, played out, etc, I think its still eye catching.

#10 ·
I found your vehicle photos. I think the black rims look good on your car. I think it helps that your vehicle is white, a different color than the rims. While, I do like when i see black vehicles with black rims and like you, i stare as well.....I am still struggling with pulling the trigger.

I run a 255/40 on my 19x9.5" +38 and I believe the tire is perfectly fitted, could even go with a 265.
Good to know. thanks for sharing. I am not wanting to go any wider than 235......so i guess i don't need to worry wondering if the wheels will poke out.

#11 ·
Good to know. thanks for sharing. I am not wanting to go any wider than 235......so i guess i don't need to worry wondering if the wheels will poke out.
Your wheel width and offset is going to determine poke more than the tire width. I have 235/40 on my 19x9.5 +22 and they are definitely stretched, and poked a lot before I lowered them. I agree with one of the guys above that 255/265 should be basically an OEM fit if you don’t want to go that wide or have stretch. Again, 235 is a really decent stretch on a 9.5 wheel.

I’m personally not a big fan of black wheels. They might look good up close but don’t everywhere else you just can’t see them. You lose a lot of the beautiful details of the wheels. I got black chrome and while I always thought chrome wheels were gaudy, I’m in love with mine. A gunmetal grey finish can also look really beautiful if you don’t want to go straight silver. I like bronze a lot too but I know that’s not for everyone.

Both wheels you’re looking at look nice. I love my ESRs personally!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.