Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

So I have a 2015 Accord Sport Automatic transmission and about 105,000 km (65k miles) ever since I've had it I heard this whining noise it makes when reving high or during acceleration. I drove a same year accord which didn't make that noise so it got me thinking if my alternators bad. I just got an oil change done (B1 service) like 3 days ago, and my A/C just started making this static noise (like a radio) and stopped cooling the car. Im thinking maybe its the blower motor or ac compressor. Anyone else have/had these issues, and if so, best ways to troubleshoot?

·
Registered
2017 Honda Accord, Coupe, Touring (V6, 6AT), 2017 Honda Accord Sedan, EXL V6 w/ Navi, Sensing
229 Posts
Just a wild guess, since you seem to think the whining noise is an engine accessory, e.g. a bearing. Maybe it’s the AC compressor making noise. Did the whining noise occur only when the AC was on? If so, there’s your trouble.

·
Just here for the food
1,665 Posts
You say it's been happening ever since you've had it....

When did you get it?
Have you brought it in to have this checked out before? What did they say/advise?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2016, has done that basically since brand new. Honda told me it was normal? Didn’t buy it, kinda figured I’d just let it play out since the car was under warranty. Car now has over 110k miles, same noise, nothing ever happened.

·
Runnin' in the 90s
5,870 Posts
Have a shop check the car's AC refrigerant level. Tell them it is no longer blowing cold air.

As for the whining noise, might be a crack in the intake hose. You can try taking the hose off and inspect for tears, holes or cracks in it. Or start the car and spray some carburetor cleaner around it, and see if the car stumbles/hesitates/stalls.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a wild guess, since you seem to think the whining noise is an engine accessory, e.g. a bearing. Maybe it’s the AC compressor making noise. Did the whining noise occur only when the AC was on? If so, there’s your trouble.
I have a 2016, has done that basically since brand new. Honda told me it was normal? Didn’t buy it, kinda figured I’d just let it play out since the car was under warranty. Car now has over 110k miles, same noise, nothing ever happened.
May as well check the serpentine tensioner pulley.
Have a shop check the car's AC refrigerant level. Tell them it is no longer blowing cold air.

As for the whining noise, might be a crack in the intake hose. You can try taking the hose off and inspect for tears, holes or cracks in it. Or start the car and spray some carburetor cleaner around it, and see if the car stumbles/hesitates/stalls.
You say it's been happening ever since you've had it....

When did you get it?
Have you brought it in to have this checked out before? What did they say/advise?

The whining noise ended up being the belt tensioner pulley, and the A/C was a bad condenser (totally caved in, don't even know how that happened - knowing I never hit the car anywhere) and the static noise was the Freon leaking.

The whining noise is back though and taking it in Thursday for it to be checked out. I'm guessing its the same thing or could be the transmission as the whine keeps going after I accelerate and let go of it right away.

I had another issue where the car would hesitate when accelerating and made a noise at 2.5k-3k RPM as if there was some crack/hole either in the exhaust system or intake system, added some STP Fuel Additive which made the biggest difference to the acceleration of the car. Because of that working I'm assuming that the noise that occurs isn't seriously affecting the hesitation issue.
Just got the wheels changed and alignment done and the steering wheel, pedal, and floorboard shake/vibrate a bit around 100kmh (60mph) (at least thats where I've noticed it so far). Getting the alignment checked and if thats not the issue then I'll get them re-balanced.
Getting the battery changed out too and hoping that fixes my intermittent starter issue. :)

This car has not been cooperating with my pocket but I love it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts