Drive Accord Honda Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I'm interested in the white accord coupe ex-l '13 in white with the ivory/black leather seats but I heard ivory gets dirty pretty quick. Anyone have this interior?? Any advice??

Second choice was black on black but everyone says black exterior gets dirty quick..can't win! This will be my first new car and don't want to regret my decision. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Hi everyone!

I'm interested in the white accord coupe ex-l '13 in white with the ivory/black leather seats but I heard ivory gets dirty pretty quick. Anyone have this interior?? Any advice??

Second choice was black on black but everyone says black exterior gets dirty quick..can't win! This will be my first new car and don't want to regret my decision. Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Thanks!
I don't have any problems with the I-B interior, gets lots of compliments-->:thmsup:

·
Registered
164 Posts
White exterior is hard to maintain with all the rail dust and environmental deposits that shows easily, black tends to show swirls easily. Myself I personally like white cars, but when it came time to buy the accord I was leaning toward the black. While I loved the black accord that was in the showroom I couldn't see myself owning it, so I chose the white with black leather as the ivory gets dirty fairly easily.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone!! I'm also torn between a 4 cylinder and the v6. I do a lot of commuting for work each day, about an hour each way with 1/2 highway and 1/2 city. Opinions on which would be best?

White exterior is hard to maintain with all the rail dust and environmental deposits that shows easily, black tends to show swirls easily. Myself I personally like white cars, but when it came time to buy the accord I was leaning toward the black. While I loved the black accord that was in the showroom I couldn't see myself owning it, so I chose the white with black leather as the ivory gets dirty fairly easily.
I wish they offered white with a black interior in the states :bawling:

·
Registered
121 Posts
do u want power or not??? I have the 4cyl and its plenty power for me.. Coming from a v6, it didnt really tickle my toes on that much power... its cool and all but i go from stop light to stop light..

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the white/black leather interior and its kinda hard to keep the tan color clean. but if i had a choice to do black leather i so would

·
Registered
164 Posts
I wish they offered white with a black interior in the states :bawling:
oh yeah i forgot that you guys don't get that combo in the states. anyways for your engine choice the v6 with standard trans unless you get stuck in traffic quite a lot, I personally regret not getting the v6. While the 4 banger is still a good engine it doesn't have the power and refinement of the v6.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I personally would never buy another black car but it's a personal choice. I just got rid of a car with tan interior and it was hard to keep clean, even the dye from my jeans would discolour the seats. I have a MSM coupe with black interior and to me it's the best compromise although I understand every colour isn't available in every market and on every model. The V6 does have more power, enough that you can notice, and doesn't use that much more gas! Just sayin' Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
do u want power or not??? I have the 4cyl and its plenty power for me.. Coming from a v6, it didnt really tickle my toes on that much power... its cool and all but i go from stop light to stop light..
That's true..I have a 2001 mustang v6 but I know it's outdated. I still need to test drive them, but don't want to try out the v6 if it's not worth it because I'll want it anyway haha

oh yeah i forgot that you guys don't get that combo in the states. anyways for your engine choice the v6 with standard trans unless you get stuck in traffic quite a lot, I personally regret not getting the v6. While the 4 banger is still a good engine it doesn't have the power and refinement of the v6.
I'll definitely keep this in mind! Thanks so much! Everyone's saying I don't needd a v6 but I'm still thinking about it.. The color choice (exterior/interior) and trim is taking me forever to decide!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
I also like the white car but didn't really like the two tone leather interior. I went with my first choice San Marino Red with an all black leather interior. I love the coupe in this shade of red. It looks like it's going fast standing still. My son is driving my 2000 Accord San Marino Red coupe.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have the *** Coupe with the Black/Ivory interior. I really love the way it looks. I did notice my belt was staining the seat back a bit and was nearly impossible to clean 100%. I found a leather coating product from Meguiar's and applied it to the front seats. I aslo used a product called Skuff on my leather belts. The staining on the seats has not gotten any worse since. I make it a point to re-apply both products once every 3 months or so to keep up the protection. This color combo looks so classy that it's worth a little extra effort to keep it clean and protected. I originally wanted a *** sedan, but wasn't feeling the all ivory interior, so when I saw the two-tone in the coupe I was sold.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have the *** Coupe and yeah there lil stains everywhere on the ceiling. Mostly make-up transfer from women doing their make-up in the car or transfer from their face and hands.

I have now instituted a no riding in my back seat unless absolutely necessary.

Seats are holding up. I do have some indigo transfer from my denim on the seats but it's not as bad as my bros who drives a Mercedes. I found a guy that uses steam to wash the car and clean the interior when it's dusty and it really helps.

·
Enjoying Life!!!
54 Posts
I love the power of the V6 and still get great gas mileage, of course I'm coming from a Trailblazer with maybe 14/17mpg. Also love he look of the ivory/black interior, but didn't want to deal with keeping it clean as mentioned. I've got the black/black coupe 6MT.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've owned this color combination for a year now and my seats still look great. I see no color transfer from my clothes. Maybe the dye has set? Anyway, I do clean my seats from time to time with a leather cleaner/conditioner. Currently I am liking Detailer's foam product. I am also glad I got the V6. I came from a 4 Cyl Acura TSX and I really notice the difference in power. I get about 28.6 MPG combined about 70% freeway, 30% city. On freeway only trips, I get about 32 MPG. Enjoy your new car whatever one you get!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone for your help!!! I'm leaning towards the v6 now since I plan on keeping the car for at least 5-6 years and will hopefully get a better return when selling. Worse comes to worse ill just sit on a towel so my seats stay nice hahaha

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went with the V6 after driving my parents I4 Accord 4dr. Its a fast I4 but the V6 is a lot more powerful. You feel the torque difference. I went with the black even though I was torn between the black or white. Also, I have the 2tone interior and its only been a month and Ive noticed the drivers seat already seems to have some wear.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Thanks everyone for your help!!! I'm leaning towards the v6 now since I plan on keeping the car for at least 5-6 years and will hopefully get a better return when selling. Worse comes to worse ill just sit on a towel so my seats stay nice hahaha
Hey there Jerseygirl; it's NJ Tom. I also have a Mustang, but an '08 GT and man is it fast. About 2 months ago I was leaning towards a 2014 I-4 Coupe to complement our Mustang. Test drove both and in 3 seconds both my wife and I said buy the V6. It's like night and day power wise plus 18" tires and dual exhaust. It's barely > $2k more so we both thought was a no-brainer for long term purchase. And black looks great, but by far is the hardest to keep clean and shows scratches and swirls very easy. I suggest don't buy unless you're a fanatic and car will be garaged kept; best of luck with ur decision!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
No matter what you clean with, that Ivory color is GOING TO SHOW wear and particularly staining from denim, the only thing black shows is lint and dust. We have two cars in the garage, one with a black leather interior, and one with Ivory/tan, guess which one I constantly have to maintain? And absolutely get the V6.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts