Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone out there has a white led bulb in the parking light strip? Such as the Philips white led? Curious If it would flow with the stock headlight bulbs and fogs. Not looking to do too much but would like the strip light to stand out a bit. Any thoughts and pics would help. Thanks so much.

·
Ghost
57 Posts
I've got a 6000k MTEC bulb in there... But my lows and fogs are both 5000k so it may not be too helpful. Let me know if pics would help anyway and I'll take some.

·
Ghost
57 Posts
Sorry, I'm gonna have to upload these as multiple posts. I can't figure out how to switch back to Enhanced Mobile View on an iPhone so each attachment overwrites the previous...

#1 : Here it is in bright day light. Hardly visible so not really great as a DRL.

#2 : Another in bright light.

#3 : In my opinion they look great in lower light. Here they are at dusk.

#4 : Another at dusk.

#5 : Just the parking lights at dusk. Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
Philips and has 12 years lifetime warranty, Replaced my Samsung T10 bulb as this is more clean and focus light not blinding/scattered on the side headlight.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got my bulb from amazon (cute queen brand) a while back and it looks great. Really really bright, looks a tad bit blue compared to the HID 5.5k, but its subtle.

Plus the bulbs were $6 a pair with free two day shipping (amazon prime) and so far they have held up.

Must point out that all the ones who have posted pictures on this thread so far have MSMs! :dude:

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
Public Service

Attachments

·
2013 Accord Sport
21 Posts
I was wondering if anyone out there has a white led bulb in the parking light strip? Such as the Philips white led? Curious If it would flow with the stock headlight bulbs and fogs. Not looking to do too much but would like the strip light to stand out a bit. Any thoughts and pics would help. Thanks so much.
Check out my new post. I used a Sylvania LED 168 I found at auto zone for $6!

http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/138-audio-electronics-lighting/323345-strip-parking-light-bulb-replaced-w-led-w-pics.html

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The new design provides a better beam spread -- not as focused.

Steve
Is there a way that the new design can be distinguished from the old one? Different packaging or maybe a slightly different shape to the bulbs? The reason I ask is because I want to order the new bulbs but don't want to end up with the old bulbs, which I already have. Thanks!

·
Go Blue!
120 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Looks like it.

We're at $12.74/pair with the current 15% off sale.

Less then a $1 more then amazon, but i highly doubt that amazon is going to step up and support the forum.

Steve

·
Go Blue!
120 Posts
I got them a while back before I even saw that you had them. Debating on whether or not to get them for my strip light. I think they'll look goofy with my H9 bulbs I am running in my lows. I'm not sold on HID's in halogen projector headlight assemblies yet.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I got them a while back before I even saw that you had them. Debating on whether or not to get them for my strip light. I think they'll look goofy with my H9 bulbs I am running in my lows. I'm not sold on HID's in halogen projector headlight assemblies yet.
I have the H9's and the factory LED's, which are close in color to the Philips bulbs. When you're standing in front of the car, the combo does look a tad goofy because the LED looks blue compared to the low beam. However, when viewed from a distance especially in motion, they don't look bad at all. The factory projectors combined with the H9's give quite a bit of blue color flicker at the cutoff. Because of this, it's sometimes hard to tell the Accord has halogens until it gets within a certain distance. I had a buddy drive my car up and down a road (so that I could see how my car looked at night with the H9's and LED license plate lights) and I was quite surprised how good it looked thanks to the color flicker that made the low beams look whiter than they really are. That said, I'd still prefer the LED's to be closer in color temperature to the halogen low beams. My buddy's Lexus CT200h has LED running lights that are warm white and much closer to the color of the halogens.

It's too bad Philips doesn't sell its 4000K version of the bulbs you and XD linked above here in North America. Those are the bulbs I'd recommend if you're sticking with halogens in the low beam. You can buy them from German sellers on ebay, but they cost a bit more than the 6000K version. I paid about $30 shipped for mine. I wanted to try them out in the license plate, but I didn't like them so I may sell them here pretty soon. I also have the Sylvania version, which is a tad bit 'whiter' but also has a funky yellowish color band around the edge of the beam (which is too bad, because I actually like their color).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts