Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time starting a thread here and couldn't really find this anywhere I looked. :p

Just wondering if anyone (preferably a 9th gen *** owner) has tried white plastidipping their stock wheels and maybe even taken the extra step of adding the gloss finish?

I did think about getting new wheels, but man, it's seriously out of the budget and I think I'd rather stick with the stock ones if possible.

If anyone has some pics, I'd really appreciate it. Just want to get some kind of visual idea on how it looks.

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the links, really appreciate it!

Hmm still can't really decide though. Might have to sit on this a while longer. Or just do it and peel it off?? haha

I do see the mismatches in white between the car color and plasti-dip. I'm thinking it won't look as great on the stock EX-L wheels as compared to the Sport ones.

·
Low Gear
2,324 Posts
Depends on how old is the car and how often do you wash your car?

I have a 10 year old non-Honda car that is white on white. I've only washed it twice a year. It looks spot on because the wheels get more "dirty" than the car.

If I was to wash my car, then you can see the paint not matching. With that said...because your 9th gen is pretty new, I would use OEM paint to that exact match.

Yes, you can't un-do it. But if you ever need to sell you car, take a can of silver to it. It will look OEM again.

IMO, plastic dip only looks good in black or dark gray. Any other colors would look "cheap."

·
Registered
93 Posts
Plasti-dip is to 2014 as body kits were to 2002.

At least plasti-dip is reversible when you realize how dumb it looks.

·
Registered
182 Posts
^this. Just say no. Plastidip is like a plague. Everyone is getting it and it just won't go away!

·
Corvalis TTX
4,606 Posts
I used to like the white wheel look ... Back in the 1980s when the fad started.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So yeah... no plastidip...
Now considering black powdercoat, but cost seems a bit high...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Why do people think black wheels look good? Only on a handful of colors/cars does this really work. And black OEM wheels just look cheap because usually kids spraybomb them so.

This trend started on imports because they saw JDM racecars doing this back in the late '90's. And FWIW, those cars did not run black wheels because it "looked good".

·
Low Gear
2,324 Posts
Why do people think black wheels look good? Only on a handful of colors/cars does this really work. And black OEM wheels just look cheap because usually kids spraybomb them so.

This trend started on imports because they saw JDM racecars doing this back in the late '90's. And FWIW, those cars did not run black wheels because it "looked good".
That's pretty much it. You are Ford (pick any brand). What do young people like?

You do your market research on what is in, current, fashionable, and hot. You got to In-Out Burger to jot down what you see. So you see guys who can't afford wheels and spray OEM wheels black. You go to the local import meet. You see the same thing. Cool guys paint their wheels black or gray.

That's the trend Boss. Ok, this is what young people like. Every guy is doing it. Let's do that on the Ford Fusion too. To get them younger buyers because our demographics is age 40 average. We need to lower it to age 35. Black wheels it is.

·
Even My Mower Is a Honda!
4,339 Posts
Jay

Attachments

·
Registered
1,990 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts

I agree...some people around here just run steelies all year and don't care about their car...running winters all year. unless it's a lambo or something black wheels just look like you don't care enough to swap out your winters...until you get up close, that is.

·
New To This
10 Posts
I know this is an older post but I dipped my wheels white on my 8th gen and I love how they turned out.. My phone won't let me attach a picture to this but I posted an album like a week ago if you're still interested.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts