Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
really, really dont like the service department of honda, the staff are unfriendly, arrogant. how do you feel ?

·
RIP my Acorn
566 Posts
I work in the Honda Service Department. I feel slightly different. :)

Sorry you feel that way. Must be dealership specific...

·
24th Gear
1,233 Posts
Awkward... ;)

No issues here. Ive been to two dealerships for service and dealt with one online. There were some issues with the online purchase i made (missing parts) but they were very polite and very quick to fix the problem and make me whole.

·
Registered
117 Posts
So go somewhere else. They may not like you either.
^^^^^ROTFL ! :lmao:
IMO it really depends on the dealership and also, which service advisor you use-some are better than others at looking out for your best interests and providing good service, while others are trying to sell every service imaginable. In addition, at the dealership I go to, each SA has a dedicated group of mechanics working with them, which helps in case a problem arises and you have to take the vehicle back.

·
Banned
47 Posts
really, really dont like the service department of honda, the staff are unfriendly, arrogant. how do you feel ?
not just service but also the Parts departments at honda are the most rude, dismissive people ever...oh, i went by kroger and even the girl working the self-checkout lanes was unfriendly. anything service related can be a crap shoot cause the old school is slowly becoming a dinosaur being replaced by the "new school"=rude unhumble school

·
Registered
178 Posts
I don't like any auto service departments or mechanic shops, PERIOD. Especially dealers. IMO they are all out to rip you off. ALL OF THEM. Some are worse than others but ALL are out to rip you off. There's no such thing as an honest shop or dealer service department IMO. Unfortunately in 20 years dealing with mechanics with out of warranty cars this is my experience.

And I also have noticed that the Honda dealer parts people do seem rude and really don't give a damn to help you at all. You're just an annoyance to them that has to be dealt with.

Sorry if it offends anyone, but this is my experience and opinion. And when attempts to rip me off are made I love writing it up online and exposing it for the world to see.

·
Freelance Gynecologist
215 Posts
I love my service dept.

They're prompt, friendly, and haven't recommended anything to me that I wouldn't be doing myself. I'm also pretty happy about the prices for service. Every time I'm in, they always have pastries, coffee, and homemade cookies out.

·
Put that cookie down! NOW
592 Posts
not just service but also the Parts departments at honda are the most rude, dismissive people ever..
Hey man I'm hurt :bawl: I work at parts and I'm never like that. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Anyone that is displeased with HONDA because of a person clearly let his emotions get the best of him. I have good and bad service departments around here and it depends on who you come in contact with and if they are having a good or bad day.

·
Fail Zero bcg
536 Posts
It is for sure a dealer specific issue. Some dealership owners are cheap and do not want to pay for high quality professional personal(usually they demand more $ ) and hire inexperienced people who have no clue what they are doing. If you feel that way about the ones who interact with the customers imagine what the ones in the back would do if they feel like they hate their job or are underpaid for it. I would run as fast as I can and go somewhere else where they appreciate you. I have been lucky and have had extremely fantastic service . The experience rivals what I had when I purchased a new Lexus. They would pick up my car for a service and redelivered for free if I asked for it and complete wash and vacuum.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
^^^ Never, ever let them wash your car. You'll be sorry if they do.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Buy a luxury car next time. Budget car comes with budget service.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts