Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah, I can't believe how right Honda got it with the 10AT. It's absolutely fantastic.
The best part is they seem robust so far.

They aren't blowing up and people are pushing stage 2 K-tuners and Hondata through them. I don't think I've heard of one grenading yet. One guy around here or the other forum is running 12's in the 1/4.
It's still too early to determine the long-term durability of Honda's 10 speed automatic. It's only been around for two model years. Given the problems that they've had with automatic transmissions in the past, it might be better to wait a few more years before celebrating their durability.

It does seem like the initial results are favorable, but we'll have to wait and see how these new transmissions hold up over 10-15 years or 200-300,000 miles.

·
Honda Enthusiast
2017 CR2 Sport 6MT CBP
2,404 Posts
Strange that Honda wouldn’t use a superior Honda designed and built transmission. Using their in house unit would have to be cheaper than third party units.

·
port & polish everything
1,585 Posts
The 10AT seems to be holding well there are people with tuned 2.0T 10AT approaching 100K miles. Of course more history is better. If the TLX V6T also uses the same family 10AT, that means Honda designed the tranny generally to hold a lot of power.

Reactions: 2005 6mt

·
2020 CBP Touring
711 Posts
It's still too early to determine the long-term durability of Honda's 10 speed automatic. It's only been around for two model years. Given the problems that they've had with automatic transmissions in the past, it might be better to wait a few more years before celebrating their durability.

It does seem like the initial results are favorable, but we'll have to wait and see how these new transmissions hold up over 10-15 years or 200-300,000 miles.
Oh yeah, but favorable initial results is a big deal for a Honda designed and built auto trans. Given the early 7th gen V6 debacle, 6th gen Accord, along with multiple gens of the Odyssey's, 2nd gen TL, and more I missed I'm sure.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Oh yeah, but favorable initial results is a big deal for a Honda designed and built auto trans. Given the early 7th gen V6 debacle, 6th gen Accord, along with multiple gens of the Odyssey's, 2nd gen TL, and more I missed I'm sure.
Agreed.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts