Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace my serpentine belt. I'd like to see if I can get one on Amazon rather than going to the dealership, but I don't see anything that says Honda on it. Does Honda manufacture their serpentine belts themselves or do they use another manufacturer? What is that manufacturer? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I can't answer your question but I've used Gates belts for 20 years. I just replaced the serpentine on my 2003 and the wife's 2004 Accord.

I also have one sitting in my garage for my 1992 Honda ST1000 motorcycle. If you're trying to save dough used Gates.

·
Banned
13,101 Posts
If you don't want to search, no worries! Honda technicians are standing by 24/7- ready to serve you!

I am still cracking up about the Snapchat comment in another thread....brilliant.

Reactions: jimijam

·
Honda only...
304 Posts
Dayco Serpentine Belt
Designed for high mileage multiple-accessory drives, Dayco’s “W” profile belt (patent pending) is the most innovative advancement in multi-rib belt design in over 25 years. Dayco® Poly-Rib® Belts meet or exceed SAE J1459 and SAE J2432 specifications. This Poly-Rib® Belt is another Dayco® product proudly made in the USA.

I put this brand on my accord, no problems so far and its a made is USA product.

I guess a answer to your QUESTION IS ? That they have suppliers to the manufacture one is Bando brand and the other is Mitsuboshi.
Hope it helps your search..

·
Registered
4,237 Posts
Bando is OEM - it is the same belt you buy as the one that comes from the factory, Amazon is the best price for them.

·
BRWNFLSH now
6,649 Posts
Just about any belt will work on the Accord, but some will last longer than others. My Truck is very difficult, and most belts will squeal in no time. The Dayco belt will squeal the moment I start the engine with it on. The Gates belt will last maybe a couple months. The Continental Elite (Old Goodyear Gatorback), is fantabulous!!!!! It's been quiet for so long, I don't remember how old it is, which is amazing. With this experience I would go with Continental "elite" or Bando.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I got a bando on amazon for like $15 and installed a couple weeks ago. Excellent belt. Used a PVC pipe over the wrench as a breaker bar.

·
Super Moderator
6,541 Posts
Have used:
Bando
OEM
Gates
Continental Elite / Gatorback

The Continental Elite lasts the longest. The OEM and Bando belts suck to be honest. It will start squealing in as little as between 20 to 30k miles depending on driving and weather conditions in your area.

No one should suggest to change the tensioner if there is nothing wrong with it. Only change the tensioner when you see the tensioner pulley moving left and right a lot, otherwise, it is good. If a pulley is noisy, then change that only.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
No one should suggest to change the tensioner if there is nothing wrong with it. Only change the tensioner when you see the tensioner pulley moving left and right a lot, otherwise, it is good. If a pulley is noisy, then change that only.
I 2nd this. I changed the tensioners in both our Accords and both were in great shape. Wasted $100.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts