Drive Accord Honda Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lo and behold, the $9 Home Depot front lip...

All it took was some Garage door bottom seal, 3m double sided stick tape and about 30 minutes. The tape holds strong (It's already passed the test of some high speed highway driving and twisty back road driving) and it's hardly even viewable, although I think I'll try and find some black double sided tape. Next test will come when it rains or when I wash the car. Anyway, I think it turned out pretty damn good and should hold me over until I get the HFP lip kit.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Can't go wrong with $9 even if it looks bad, but hey, it looks pretty good, don't let this be an excuse not to get the front lip!

·
Keepin' It R-E-A-L...!!!
5,667 Posts
Which garage-door seal did you go w/? Also, what 3M self-adhesive tape did you use?

I need to do this on my other vehicle. . .

·
Registered
122 Posts
the home depot special... lol
this came out really well, from the looks of it in the second pic (front view).. maybe a color matched grill is something to think about...

·
-Gene
656 Posts
i like the tsx wheels more looks pretty good

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
haha looks clean. ever think of painting it to match the glossy black?

btw, do you have spacers for your TSX rims? and theyre the same offset as accord rims right?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Looks awesome man! Blends well with black, too bad you can't do something like that for a sedan, haha.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I would like to know if it is possible for the sedan
I have 06 bumper sitting in the garage, maybe I should try it before I install it.. but all silver one one tiny black piece sticking out wouldn't match.

·
i-VTEC, do you?
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone for the comments!

the home depot special... lol
this came out really well, from the looks of it in the second pic (front view).. maybe a color matched grill is something to think about...
I really never thought of that, I think I'll look into that a little further.

Which garage-door seal did you go w/? Also, what 3M self-adhesive tape did you use?

I need to do this on my other vehicle. . .
The Garage door seal is 9 x 2 1/4. You can find it at just about any home improvement store and I just used 3m double sided mounting tape.

haha looks clean. ever think of painting it to match the glossy black?
Glossy black, sounds good to me. I'll probably do that when I get some time.

btw, do you have spacers for your TSX rims? and theyre the same offset as accord rims right?
No spacers yet, but there next on my list. I will be ordering 20mm spacers for the front and 25mm for the rear and yes, the offset for the TSX rims are +55, same as the Accord wheels.

Looks awesome man! Blends well with black, too bad you can't do something like that for a sedan, haha.
I would like to know if it is possible for the sedan
I don't see why not, as long as there is some room on the bottom of the bumper to mount the seal, it should be fine.

I have 06 bumper sitting in the garage, maybe I should try it before I install it.. but all silver one one tiny black piece sticking out wouldn't match.
Give it a try! My friend also did this on his red is300 and it looks great as well. If you don't like it, you can easily remove it.

·
Banned
259 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
179 Posts
If I remove it, will this spoil the paint on the bumper? I will be buying a hfp lip soon, but I am tempted to do this.

·
Registered
188 Posts
congrads on your home depot special looks good....
digging the TSX wheels

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im about to do this
Good Sh!t

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Looks nice for 9 bucks. I like your wheels too! :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts