2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you live in the NYC area and you have visited Paragon Honda:

1. Did you buy your Accord from them?
  2. Did you run like hell?

·
666!!
73 Posts
Run like the wind my friend...RUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Run like the wind my friend...RUUUUUNNNNNN!!!!!!
Ahh, you've been aquainted with PH. I am amazed at how many Hondas in my neighberhood have their logo on their cars. I guess they are uncomfortable going too far from home.:dunno:

·
saving Money to do Mods
99 Posts
i visited paragon honda the salesmen that helped me find a car was jose he was ok better than potakim honda which sucks salesmens is telling me what to buy and not letting me make choices but i will say the Paragon honda service department sucks as well

·
Fast but Not Furious!!
8 Posts
i have and i should not have!!

regrat indeed.. so don't ever think of going there... that is my 2 cents... a real ripoff

·
Rule Enforcer
8,217 Posts
Wow...that place must really suck to have so many people against buying a car there.....

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow...that place must really suck to have so many people against buying a car there.....
Steve, you have no idea. Be afraid, be very afraid. :paranoid: And yet they sell a lot of cars, either some folk are unaware or unwilling to go 20 miles out of their way.

·
Rule Enforcer
8,217 Posts
I would bet a large portion of America doesn't do nearly the amount of research people like us do when buying a car. I to know of bad dealerships, but somehow people still flock to them.

I think the proximity thing is what keeps them in business (that and ripping off customers).

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Does American Honda know about this? I thought they were pretty good with keeping dealers in line.

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Does American Honda know about this? I thought they were pretty good with keeping dealers in line.
It's all about the benjamin's. Paragon is one of the largest if not THE largest dealer in Queens NY and the other dealer, Hillside Honda, is no prize either.:thumbsdow As long as these dealerships continue to bring in revenue, little if anything will be done.:dunno:

·
Boosted Sedan
1,825 Posts
My girl and I visited there not to long ago, sat down with a rep who tried to scam us by over $100 a month at least on payments, plus he was telling us the '09s didnt even come out yet (which is funny because we were at White Plains honda the prior weekend and saw 2 09's sitting in the back ... :yes:

Funny thing was the sticker at paragon was as high for there '08 as the White Plains dealer for there 09s (does that make sense lol) ....:thumbsdow

Anyway we ran like hell I guess was the outcome ....
Oh and to see the guys face when he offered us a payment of $344 a month for a 4 cyl no navi and I told him that was the same price offered to us in a v6 fully loaded coupe at a Westchester dealer was hilarious ... :lmao:

And lastly he told us they basically owned New Rochelle honda and that was funny because that's where i just got my 06 coupe v6 and when we went back there this past weekend they said not to trust there dealership they have been in bad standings for awhile with the overpriced mark ups ...

Anyway my girl at this point is looking for a sedan EX-L and with some managerial contacts in local honda dealerships it should be fun as to what kinda deals we see ... (if only I made what she did lol, i would have gotten an '08 lol) oh well at least I'll get to drive hers!

·
06 accord V6 LX
77 Posts
I made the mistake of buying there and service there anyone has a better suggestion? especially for service? need suggestions
any other dealer or service department to go too??????

Regards to all

·
Wisdom Born of Age
2,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I made the mistake of buying there and service there anyone has a better suggestion? especially for service? need suggestions
any other dealer or service department to go too??????
Regards to all
Yes nyhunter, go to Huntington Honda, my family has bought and serviced several Hondas through them. I visited Paragon because I live in Queens, but I ran away from them as fast as my chubby legs could carry me. I visited H H's service department and spoke with the service manager and was pleased by the professionalism. If you need more info, PM me.

Keith

·
saving Money to do Mods
99 Posts
Paragon Honda is no good there service department sucks big time, i went two days ago to service my car and the service advisor was a complete tool wasnt helpful and they have a first come first serve policy, which is annoying, they take hours to even look at your car
mean while i went to hillside honda and reserved a time to go it the told me one hour to get a oil change and all, next thing i know the car was done is less the ten minutes
hillside honda FTW !

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
It sounds as if (insert dealer name here) Honda is better than Paragon

·
Registered
68 Posts
If your willing to take a drive and go to Jersey I would tell you to go to Hudson Honda. I purchased my girls car from them and they were pretty good. I should tell you that they knew her though because her uncle and grandfather have bought there cars from them for years. At least two each of them. Well that might be a good thing though because they keep going back.

·
Registered
708 Posts
yes.. it was an unfortunate adventure.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I did in fact go there and almost bought the car till the finance guy said 8.9% apr. . . with high 750 credit. Went to some other dealer and got it with 2.9% apr the guy at paragon kept lowering the montly payment by $30 dollars everytime I stood up. When i left paragon some korean guy called and said Why did you leave if you told me I could've gotten you a great deal from some other bank . . . These guys are PERFECT SCAMMERS>!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts